CXCL5/ENA-78 Antibody [Unconjugated] Summary
E. coli-derived recombinant human CXCL5/ENA-78
Accession # P42830
Detects human CXCL5/ENA‑78 in direct ELISAs and Western blots.
<0.10 EU per 1 μg of the antibody by the LAL method.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1 ug/mL
- Immunohistochemistry 5-15 ug/mL
- Neutralization 0.2-1.0 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.2 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for CXCL5/ENA-78 Antibody [Unconjugated]
- chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 5
- C-X-C motif chemokine 5
- Epithelial-derived neutrophil-activating protein 78
- Neutrophil-activating peptide ENA-78
- neutrophil-activating protein 78
CXCL5, also known as epithelial cell-derived neutrophil-activating peptide (ENA-78), is an 8 kDa proinflammatory member of the CXC subfamily of chemokines. Its Glu-Leu-Arg (ELR) motif confers angiogenic properties and distinguishes it from ELR-CXC chemokines which are angiostatic (1‑3). Human CXCL5 shares 57% amino acid (aa) sequence identity with mouse and rat CXCL5. Among other human ELR+ chemokines, it shares 77% aa sequence identity with CXCL6/GCP-2 and
35%‑51% with CXCL1/GRO alpha, CXCL2/GRO beta, CXCL3/GRO gamma, CXCL7/NAP-2, and CXCL8/IL-8. Inflammatory stimulation up-regulates CXCL5 production in multiple hematopoietic cell types, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, and vascular smooth muscle cells. In vivo, CXCL5 is elevated at sites of inflammation and pulmonary fibrosis where it promotes neutrophil infiltration and activation as well as angiogenesis (3-6). Its upregulation contributes to increased vascularization, tumor growth, and metastasis in many cancers (6-9). Full length CXCL5 (78 aa) is trimmed at the N-terminus by cathepsin G and chymotrypsin to ENA-74 (74 aa) and ENA-70 (70 aa), with the shortened forms showing increased potency relative to full length CXCL5 (10, 11). CXCL5 exerts its effects primarily through interactions with CXCR2 (6, 12). It also binds duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC), which can limit CXCR2-mediated responses (13, 14).
- Strieter, R.M. et al. (2005) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 16:593.
- Balestrieri, M.L. et al. (2008) Cardiovasc. Res. 78:250.
- Walz, A.. et al. (1991) J. Exp. Med. 174:1355.
- Strieter, R.M. et al. (1992) Immunol. Invest. 21:549.
- Koch, A.E. et al. (1994) J. Clin. Invest. 94:1012.
- Begley, L.A. et al. (2008) Neoplasia 10:244.
- Vandercappellen, J. et al. (2008) Cancer Lett. 267:226.
- Arenberg, D.A. et al. (1998) J. Clin. Invest. 102:465.
- Miyazaki, H. et al. (2006) Cancer Res. 66:4279.
- Wuyts, A. et al. (1999) Eur. J. Biochem. 260:421.
- Nufer, O. et al. (1999) Biochemistry 38:636.
- Ahuja, S.K. and P.M. Murphy (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271:20545.
- Kashiwazaki, M. et al. (2003) Int. Immunol. 15:1219.
- Horton, L.W. et al. (2007) Cancer Res. 67:9791.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, Simple Western, CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), ICC, ICFlow, Neut, ELISA(Sta)
Applications: WB, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), Neut, ELISA(Sta)
Applications: Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, Neut
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: Flow, IHC, CyTOF-reported, Neut
Applications: WB, IHC, B/N
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for CXCL5/ENA-78 Antibody (AF254) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional CXCL5/ENA-78 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for CXCL5/ENA-78 Antibody (AF254)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to CXCL5/ENA-78 Antibody (AF254). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on CXCL5/ENA-78