This c-Fos Antibody was developed against recombinant Protein corresponding to amino acids: DLQWLVQPALVSSVAPSQTRAPHPFGVPAPSAGAYSRAGVVKTMTGGRAQSIGRRGKVEQLSPEEEEKRRIRRERNKMAAAKCRNRRRELTDTLQAETDQLEDEKSALQTEIANLLKEKEKLEFILAAHRPACKIPDDL
Mouse (94%), Rat (94%). Backed by our 100% Guarantee.
Immunogen affinity purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
c-Fos is an intermediate early gene that is one of four members of the FOS family of activator protein-1 (AP-1) transcription factors, which also includes Fra-1, Fra-2, and FosB (1-3). Under the FOS gene, human c-Fos is synthesized as a protein of 308 amino acids (aa) with a basic leucine zipper (bZip) domain important for dimerization, and a basic domain for interacting with DNA, with a theoretical molecular weight of ~40.6 kDa (4,5). c-Fos can heterodimerize with members of the JUN family (c-Jun, JunB, and JunD) to form the active transcription factor AP-1 complex (3,5). AP-1 related proteins bind TPA-related responsive elements (TRE), cAMP responsive elements (CRE), and related sequences, with c-Fos:c-Jun dimers partial to TRE sites (5).
In response to stimuli, c-Fos, which is encoded by protooncogenes, has a role in cell proliferation, differentiation, and transformation (3,6). A variety of stimuli can increase c-Fos expression such as growth factors, proinflammatory cytokines, UV radiation, neurotransmitters, hormones, injury, and stress (1,6). c-Fos has long been used as a marker for neuronal activity and is associated with neural and behavioral responses following stimuli (1-3, 6-7). Mouse studies have revealed that c-Fos is important for efficient neurogenesis and cortical development (3). Additionally, c-Fos signal can be used as a molecular marker for learning and memory, such as recognition and fear (2,7). Studies have found that repeated positive stimuli result in increased Fos expression while, conversely, repeated negative value stimuli are indicated by decreased signal (7). Intermediate early genes have also been implicated in neuropsychiatric disorders including showing altered c-Fos expression in a schizophrenia animal model (2). Furthermore, antipsychotics and antidepressants are both capable of impacting c-Fos expression (2).
1. Kovacs K. J. (1998). c-Fos as a transcription factor: a stressful (re)view from a functional map. Neurochemistry International. https://doi.org/10.1016/s0197-0186(98)00023-0
2. Gallo, F. T., Katche, C., Morici, J. F., Medina, J. H., & Weisstaub, N. V. (2018). Immediate Early Genes, Memory and Psychiatric Disorders: Focus on c-Fos, Egr1 and Arc. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience. https://doi.org/10.3389/fnbeh.2018.00079
3. Velazquez, F. N., Caputto, B. L., & Boussin, F. D. (2015). c-Fos importance for brain development. Aging. https://doi.org/10.18632/aging.100862
4. Uniprot (P01100)
5. Wu, Z., Nicoll, M., & Ingham, R. J. (2021). AP-1 family transcription factors: a diverse family of proteins that regulate varied cellular activities in classical hodgkin lymphoma and ALK+ ALCL. Experimental Hematology & Oncology. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40164-020-00197-9
6. Shaulian, E., & Karin, M. (2001). AP-1 in cell proliferation and survival. Oncogene. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.onc.1204383
7. Chung L. (2015). A Brief Introduction to the Transduction of Neural Activity into Fos Signal. Development & Reproduction. https://doi.org/10.12717/DR.2015.19.2.061
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed for 1 year from date of receipt.
FAQs for c-Fos Antibody (NBP1-89065). (Showing 1 - 1 of 1 FAQs).
I am looking for some c-fos antibodies that could work in IHC.
Here are a list of products which might be of interest to you: Product List. We have additional filters on the left which may help you narrow down based on host species, target species, clonality, etc. We will guarantee these to work for all stated species and applications listed on the datasheet.
The concentration calculator allows you to quickly calculate the volume, mass or concentration of your vial. Simply enter your mass, volume, or concentration values for your reagent and the calculator will determine the rest.
Review this Product
Be the first to review our c-Fos Antibody and receive a gift card or discount.