FCRN/FCGRT Antibody (937508) [Alexa Fluor® 750] Summary
Chinese hamster ovary cell line CHO-derived recombinant human FCRN
Accession # P55899
Detects human FCRN in direct ELISAs.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Intracellular Staining by Flow Cytometry 0.25-1 ug/10^6 cells
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store the unopened product at 2 - 8 °C. Do not use past expiration date.
Supplied 0.2 mg/mL in a saline solution containing BSA and Sodium Azide.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for FCRN/FCGRT Antibody (937508) [Alexa Fluor® 750]
- Fc fragment of IgG, receptor, transporter, alpha
- FcRn alpha chain
- FCRNimmunoglobulin receptor, intestinal, heavy chain
- IgG Fc fragment receptor transporter alpha chain
- IgG receptor FcRn large subunit p51
- major histocompatibility complex class I-like Fc receptor
- Neonatal Fc receptor
- neonatal Fc-receptor for Ig
The neonatal Fc receptor (FCRN) is an approximately 45 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein with structural homology to MHC class I proteins. It is widely expressed in endothelial and epithelial cells and plays an important role in IgG homeostasis and antigen presentation by dendritic cells (1, 2). Mature human FCRN consists of a 274 amino acid (aa) extracellular domain (ECD) with two N-terminal alpha domains, one alpha 3/immunoglobulin-like domain, a 23 aa transmembrane segment, and a 44 aa cytoplasmic domain (3). Within the ECD, human FCRN shares 68% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat FCRN. Mouse FCRN binds with high affinity to IgG from mouse, human, rat, rabbit, guinea pig, bovine, and sheep, while human FCRN binds IgG with significantly lower affinity and is much more restricted in terms of species recognition (4). It does not bind the structurally related chicken IgY (5). FCRN additionally binds to albumin, and both it and IgG are bound at pH 5.0 but not at pH 8.0 (3, 6). FCRN associates noncovalently with beta 2-Microglobulin, and this interaction is important for the intracellular trafficking of FCRN (7-10). FCRN cycles between the plasma membrane and acidified intracellular compartments of endothelial cells and epithelial cells (5, 8). It binds endocytosed IgG and albumin in the low pH vesicles and transports them to the plasma membrane for extracellular release at higher pH. This protects IgG and albumin from lysosomal degradation and helps maintain the circulating levels of both proteins (5, 6). This mechanism is involved in the bidirectional transport of IgG across epithelial and endothelial barriers including neonatal IgG absorption in the intestine and fetal uptake of maternal antibodies through the placenta (5, 8, 11, 12). In the kidney, FCRN recycles albumin to the serum but removes IgG from the glomular basement membrane and promotes its excretion into the urine (13, 14). FCRN is also expressed in neutrophils and myeloid antigen presenting cells (7, 15, 16). It can enhance IgG-mediated phagocytosis and antigen presentation by these cells, but it promotes the degradation of opsonizing IgG rather than returning it to the circulation (15, 16).
- Baker, K. et al. (2009) Semin. Immunopathol. 31:223.
- Baker, K. et al. (2014) Front. Immunol. 5:408.
- Story, C.M. et al. (1994) J. Exp. Med. 180:2377.
- Ober, R.J. et al. (2001) Int. Immunol. 13:1551.
- Dickinson, B.L. et al. (1999) J. Clin. Invest. 104:903.
- Chaudhury, C. et al. (2003) J. Exp. Med. 197:315.
- Simister, N.E. and K.E. Mostov (1989) Nature 337:184.
- Kobayashi, N. et al. (2002) Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 282:F358.
- Praetor, A. and W. Hunziker (2002) J. Cell Sci. 115:2389.
- Zhu, X. et al. (2001) J. Immunol. 166:3266.
- Spiekermann, G.M. et al. (2002) J. Exp. Med. 196:303.
- Firan, M. et al. (2001) Int. Immunol. 13:993.
- Sarav, M. et al. (2009) J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 20:1941.
- Akilesh, S. et al. (2008) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 105:967.
- Vidarsson, G. et al. (2006) Blood 108:3573.
- Qiao, S.-W. et al. (2008) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 105:9337.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, B/N, CyTOF-ready, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Po
Applications: Flow, IHC-Fr, IF
Applications: Flow, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, Flow-CS, Flow-IC, IF
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ELISA, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P, IF
Species: Bv, Ca, Eq, Gt, Sh
Applications: Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr, IP
Applications: Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF
Publications for FCRN/FCGRT Antibody (IC8639S) (0)
There are no publications for FCRN/FCGRT Antibody (IC8639S).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for FCRN/FCGRT Antibody (IC8639S) (0)
There are no reviews for FCRN/FCGRT Antibody (IC8639S).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
FAQs for FCRN/FCGRT Antibody (IC8639S) (0)