CA125/MUC16 Antibody (986808) [Unconjugated] Summary
Chinese hamster ovary cell line CHO-derived recombinant human CA125/MUC-16
Accession # Q8WX17
Detects human CA125/MUC-16 in direct ELISAs.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Flow Cytometry 0.25 uL/10^6 cells
- Immunocytochemistry 8-25 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.5 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for CA125/MUC16 Antibody (986808) [Unconjugated]
- CA125 ovarian cancer antigen
- mucin 16, cell surface associated
- Ovarian cancer-related tumor marker CA125
- Ovarian carcinoma antigen CA125
MUC16, also known as the CA125 antigen, is a mucin protein that may be found in type I transmembrane or secreted forms that are used monitor the progress of epithelial ovarian cancer therapy (1, 2). Expression of isoforms, proteolytic cleavage, and heavy N- and O- linked glycosylation produce forms of human MUC16 that can vary from 1148 to 22152 amino acids (aa) in length and 200 - 5000 kDa in size (1, 2). The 22152 aa form contains ser/thr-rich N-terminal tandem repeats, 4 LRR (Leu-rich repeat) domains, 56 SEA (sea urchin sperm protein, enterokinase and agrin) domains, a transmembrane domain, and a 31 aa cytoplasmic domain that includes a tyrosine phosphorylation site (1-4). SEA domains are ~120 aa in length, contain conserved residues including potential O-glycosylation sites and a pair of cysteines, and are often found in transmembrane mucins (3). The protein produced by R&D Systems represents aa 13360-14347 of the full sequence and includes the last 6 SEA domains. It shares 68% aa identity with canine MUC16. MUC16 is over-expressed by tumor cells including ovarian and mesothelial cancers (5). The transmembrane form can adhere to mesothelin in the peritoneum, facilitating metastasis of ovarian cancer to the peritoneal cavity (5-7). MUC16 also binds galectin-1 on immune cells and enhances its expression on tumor cells (8). MUC16-expressing tumors adhere to NK cells, down-regulate CD16 and suppress NK response, which may promote immune evasion (9, 10). MUC16 is also cyclically expressed in the endometrium and may contribute to immune privilege during pregnancy (10). In the eye, MUC16 and other mucins protect the cornea and keep it hydrated. It is altered on the conjunctival epithelium of patients with non-Sjogren dry eye syndrome (11).
- Yin, B. W. T. K. O. Lloyd, 2001, J. Biol. Chem. 276:27371.
- Maeda, T. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:13174.
- Fendrick, J. L. et al. (1997) Tumour Biol. 18:278.
- Swissprot accession Q8WXI7.
- Kaneko, O. et al. (2009) J. Biol. Chem. 284:3739.
- Rump, A. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:9190.
- Gubbels, J. A. A. et al. (2006) Mol. Cancer 5:50.
- Seelenmeyer, C. et al. (2003) J. Cell Sci. 116:1305.
- Patankar, M. S. et al. (2005) Gynecol. Oncol. 99:704.
- Belisle, J. A. et al. (2007) Immunology 122:418.
- Blalock, T. D. et al. (2007) Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 48:4509.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready
Applications: WB, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Simple Western, CyTOF-ready, ICC, ICFlow, KO
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ye, Xp(-)
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ch, Eq
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, ICC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC
Applications: WB, IHC, ICC
Applications: WB, ELISA, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: IP (-), WB
Applications: Flow, CyTOF-ready, ICC/IF
Publications for CA125/MUC16 Antibody (MAB5609) (0)
There are no publications for CA125/MUC16 Antibody (MAB5609).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for CA125/MUC16 Antibody (MAB5609) (0)
There are no reviews for CA125/MUC16 Antibody (MAB5609).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for CA125/MUC16 Antibody (MAB5609) (0)
Additional Array Products
Blogs on CA125/MUC16