B7-H4 Antibody (935317) [Phycoerythrin] Summary
NS0 mouse myeloma cell line transfected with human B7-H4
Accession # Q7Z7D3
Stains human B7-H4 transfectants but not irrelevant transfectants in flow cytometry.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Flow Cytometry 10 uL/10^6 cells
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Protect from light. Do not freeze.
- 12 months from date of receipt, 2 to 8 °C as supplied.
Supplied in a saline solution containing BSA and Sodium Azide.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for B7-H4 Antibody (935317) [Phycoerythrin]
- B7H4T-cell costimulatory molecule B7x
- Immune costimulatory protein B7-H4
- Protein B7S1
- T cell costimulatory molecule B7x
- V-set domain containing T cell activation inhibitor 1
- V-set domain-containing T-cell activation inhibitor 1
B7-H4, also known as VTCN1, B7x and B7S1, is a 50‑80 kDa glycosylated member of the BTN/MOG family of immunomodulatory protein (1, 2). Mature human B7-H4 consists of a 235 amino acid (aa) extracellular domain (ECD) with two Ig-like V-type domains, a 21 aa transmembrane segment, and a 2 aa cytoplasmic tail (3-5). Within the ECD, human B7-H4 shares 90% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat B7-H4. It shares 22%-28% aa sequence identity with human B7-1, B7-2, B7-H1, B7-H2, B7-H3, and PD‑L2. Alternate splicing of human B7-H4 generates an additional isoform that lacks the first Ig-like domain. B7-H4 is expressed on the surface of activated lymphocytes, macrophages, monocytes, dendritic cells, epithelial cells, and bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells
(4-8). Following binding to activated T cells, B7-H4 serves as a co‑inhibitor of the T cell response. This is accomplished by reverse signaling that can induce either cell cycle arrest, or apoptosis in B7-H4 expressing cells (2-5, 9, 10). B7‑H4 is up‑regulated in several carcinomas in correlation with tumor progression and metastasis (2, 7, 11, 12). A soluble form of B7-H4 is elevated in the serum of ovarian cancer, renal cell carcinoma, and rheumatoid arthritis patients, and is correlated with advanced disease status (13-15). Soluble B7‑H4 functions as a decoy molecule that blocks the inhibitory influence of B7‑H4 on immune activation (15). Despite evidence for the involvement of B7-H4 in immune regulation, mice deficient in its expression do not show significant immune deficiencies, suggesting compensation by other molecules in vivo
- Yi, K.H. and L. Chen (2009) Immunol. Rev. 229:145.
- Guo, Y. and A.Y. Wang (2015) Front. Immunol. 6:421.
- Zang, X. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100:10388.
- Prasad, V.R. et al. (2003) Immunity 18:863.
- Sica, G.L. et al. (2003) Immunity 18:849.
- Kryczek, I. et al. (2006) J. Exp. Med. 203:871.
- Tringler, B. et al. (2005) Clin. Cancer Res. 11:1842.
- Xue, Q. et al. (2010) Stem Cells Dev. 19:27.
- Song, H. et al. (2008) Cancer Lett. 266:227.
- Park, G.B. et al. (2009) Immunology 128:360.
- Zang, X. et al. (2007) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104:19458.
- Krambeck, A.E. et al. (2006) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103:10391.
- Simon, I. et al. (2006) Cancer Res. 66:1570.
- Thompson, R.H. et al. (2008) Cancer Res. 68:6054.
- Azuma, T. et al. (2009) PloS Med. 6:e1000166.
- Suh, W.-K. et al. (2006) Mol. Cell. Biol. 26:6403.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), Neut, ELISA(Sta)
Applications: WB, Flow, CyTOF-ready, ICC
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, Block, CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), ELISA(Sta)
Applications: WB, AgAct
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: Flow, Func, In vitro, In vivo, CyTOF-ready, Flow-CS
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Cell Depl, CyTOF-ready, InhibTFunc
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: B/N, Flow, CyTOF-ready
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, KO
Applications: WB, Flow, CyTOF-ready
Publications for B7-H4 Antibody (FAB6576P) (0)
There are no publications for B7-H4 Antibody (FAB6576P).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for B7-H4 Antibody (FAB6576P) (0)
There are no reviews for B7-H4 Antibody (FAB6576P).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for B7-H4 Antibody (FAB6576P) (0)
Additional Array Products
Bioinformatics Tool for B7-H4 Antibody (FAB6576P)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to B7-H4 Antibody (FAB6576P). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on B7-H4