Recombinant Human GDF-7 Protein, CF Summary
|Details of Functionality
Measured by its ability to induce alkaline phosphatase production by ATDC5 mouse chondrogenic cells. Nakamura, K. et al. (1999) Exp. Cell Res. 250:351. The ED50 for this effect is typically 0.25-1.25 μg/mL.
E. coli-derived human GDF-7/BMP-12 protein
|Structure / Form
| Protein/Peptide Type
>95%, by SDS-PAGE with silver staining.
<0.10 EU per 1 μg of the protein by the LAL method.
Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
14 kDa, reducing conditions
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 3 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in HCl.
>95%, by SDS-PAGE with silver staining.
Reconstitute at 500 μg/mL in 4 mM HCl.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for Recombinant Human GDF-7 Protein, CF
- growth differentiation factor 7
- growth/differentiation factor 7
Growth Differentiation Factor-7 (GDF-7; also called BMP-12 and CDMP-3) is a member of the BMP family of TGF-beta superfamily proteins (1, 2). GDF7 is synthesized as a large precursor protein that consists of an N-terminal 19 amino acid (aa) signal sequence, a 302 aa pro region and a 129 aa C-terminal mature peptide. At the amino acid level, mature human GDF-7 shares 85% and 88% aa sequence identity with mature GDF-7 in mouse and rat, respectively. Mature human GDF-7 lacks a glycine repeat that is found in both mouse and rat GDF-7. Based on sequence similarity, GDF-7 is categorized with GDF-5 and -6, as a subgroup within the BMP family. GDF-7 functions as a homodimer and elicits its bioactivity by mediating the formation of a heterodimeric receptor complex consisting of a type 1 (BMPR-IB) and a type II (BMPR-II or Activin RII) serine/threonine kinase receptor. GDF-7 signaling results in the phosphorylation and activation of cytosolic Smad proteins (Smad1, 5, and 8) (3, 4). GDF-7 is involved in tendon and ligament formation and repair (5-8). GDF-7 also regulates bone formation, mesenchymal stem cell differentiation, neuronal differentiation, and axon guidance in the central nervous system (9-12).
- Storm, E.E. et al. (1994) Nature 368:639.
- Hotten, G. et al. (1994) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 204:646.
- Nishitoh, H. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271:21345.
- Mueller, T.D. and J. Nickel (2012) FEBS Lett 586:1846.
- Fu, S.C. et al. (2003) Life Sci 72:2965.
- Gulati, B.R. et al. (2013) Cells Tissues Organs 198:377.
- Shen, H. et al. (2013) PLoS One 8:e77613.
- Sena, K. et al. (2003) J Dent Res 82:166.
- Butler, S.J. and J. Dodd (2003) Neuron 38:389.
- Watakabe, A. et al. (2001) J Neurochem 76:1455.
- Lou, J. et al. (2001) J Orthop Res 19:1199.
- Wang, Q.W. et al. (2005) J Biosci Bioeng 100:418.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, Simple Western, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Rt
Applications: IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICC, ICFlow
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Ch, Dr, Fi, Pm, Rb, Ye, Ze
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ChIP, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, IHC-FrFl
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ca
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready
Publications for GDF-7/BMP-12 (8386-G7) (0)
There are no publications for GDF-7/BMP-12 (8386-G7).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for GDF-7/BMP-12 (8386-G7) (0)
There are no reviews for GDF-7/BMP-12 (8386-G7).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
FAQs for GDF-7/BMP-12 (8386-G7) (0)
Additional Array Products
Bioinformatics Tool for GDF-7/BMP-12 (8386-G7)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to GDF-7/BMP-12 (8386-G7). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
PTMs for GDF-7/BMP-12 (8386-G7)
Learn more about PTMs related to GDF-7/BMP-12 (8386-G7).
Blogs on GDF-7/BMP-12