Aldo-keto Reductase 1C1/AKR1C1 Antibody (859026) [Unconjugated] Summary
E. coli-derived recombinant human Aldo‑keto Reductase 1C1/AKR1C1
Accession # Q04828
Detects human Aldo-keto Reductase 1C1/AKR1C1 in ELISAs and Western blots. In direct ELISAs, less than 5% cross-reactivity with recombinant human (rh) Aldo-keto Reductase 1C3 and 1C4 is observed.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 0.1 ug/mL
- Simple Western 1 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 degreesC as supplied. 1 month, 2 to 8 degreesC under sterile conditions after reconstitution. 6 months, -20 to -70 degreesC under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Sterile PBS to a final concentration of 0.5 mg/mL.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for Aldo-keto Reductase 1C1/AKR1C1 Antibody (859026) [Unconjugated]
- 20 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase
- 20-alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase
- Aldo-keto Reductase 1C1
- aldo-keto reductase family 1 member C1
- aldo-keto reductase family 1, member C1 (dihydrodiol dehydrogenase 1; 20-alpha(3-alpha)-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase)
- AldoketoReductase 1C1
- Chlordecone reductase homolog HAKRC
- dihydrodiol dehydrogenase 1
- Dihydrodiol dehydrogenase 1/2
- dihydrodiol dehydrogenase isoform DD1
- EC 1.1.1
- EC 1.1.1.-
- EC 188.8.131.52
- EC 184.108.40.206,2-ALPHA-HSD
- EC 220.127.116.11
- HAKRCDDH1aldo-keto reductase C
- hepatic dihydrodiol dehydrogenase
- High-affinity hepatic bile acid-binding protein
- Indanol dehydrogenase
- Trans-1,2-dihydrobenzene-1,2-diol dehydrogenase
- type II 3-alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase
AKR1C1 (20-alpha -hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, 20-alpha -HSD) is a member of aldo-keto reductase (AKR) superfamily. AKRs perform the NAD(P)H-dependent reduction of carbonyl groups (1). Four AKR1C isoforms (AKR1C1-C4) are known to exist in humans. They are all highly expressed in the liver. Three isoforms, excluding AKR1C4, have a wider expression pattern including prostate, testes, uterus, mammary gland, and haemopoietic progenitors (2). These enzymes are able to accept various natural steroids as substrates, including 3-, 7-, and 20-ketosteroids (3). They can also activate prodrugs such as synthetic steroid hormone tibolone by converting it into active 3 alpha / beta -hydroxy form (4). They are recognized as phase I drug-metabolizing enzymes involved in the maintenance of steroid homeostasis, prostaglandin metabolism, and metabolic activation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (5). Their reactions introduce a hydroxyl group into the product making it available for sulfonation and glucuronidation by phase II enzyme. Elevated expression of these enzymes is related to cancer with hormone-dependent malignancies (6, 7). Increased levels of expression of AKR1C1 parallels increased cell proliferation activity in human colon cancer cells. It has been shown to be associated with oncogenic potential and proproliferative effects. It is also involved in cancer cell chemoresistance.
- Jez, J.M. et al. (1997) Biochem J. 326:499.
- Penning, T.M. et al. (2000) Biochem. J. 351:67.
- Rizner, T.L. et al. (2003) Endocrinology. 144:2922.
- Steckelbroeck, S. et al. (2006) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 316:1300.
- Penning, T.M. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell. Endocrinol. 1784:1342.
- Penning, T.M. and M.C. Byrns (2009) Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 1155:33.
- Baumann, D.R. et al. (2004) Drug News Perspect. 17:563.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, Flow, IA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready, Flow-IC
Applications: IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, KD
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IP
Applications: B/N, Flow, IHC, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC
Applications: WB, Simple Western
Publications for Aldo-keto Reductase 1C1/AKR1C1 Antibody (MAB6529) (0)
There are no publications for Aldo-keto Reductase 1C1/AKR1C1 Antibody (MAB6529).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for Aldo-keto Reductase 1C1/AKR1C1 Antibody (MAB6529) (0)
There are no reviews for Aldo-keto Reductase 1C1/AKR1C1 Antibody (MAB6529).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for Aldo-keto Reductase 1C1/AKR1C1 Antibody (MAB6529) (0)
Additional Array Products
Bioinformatics Tool for Aldo-keto Reductase 1C1/AKR1C1 Antibody (MAB6529)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to Aldo-keto Reductase 1C1/AKR1C1 Antibody (MAB6529). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on Aldo-keto Reductase 1C1/AKR1C1