Uteroglobin/SCGB1A1 Antibody (394324) [Unconjugated] Summary
E. coli-derived recombinant human Uteroglobin/SCGB1A1
Accession # P11684
Detects human Uteroglobin/SCGB1A1 in direct ELISAs and Western blots.
Protein A or G purified from hybridoma culture supernatant
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Immunohistochemistry 8-25 ug/mL
- Western Blot 1 ug/mL
|Read Publications using
MAB4218 in the following applications:
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied either lyophilized or as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.5 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for Uteroglobin/SCGB1A1 Antibody (394324) [Unconjugated]
- CC10Urine protein 1
- Clara cell phospholipid-binding protein
- Clara cells 10 kDa secretory protein
- Secretoglobin family 1A member 1
- secretoglobin, family 1A, member 1 (uteroglobin)
- Urinary protein 1
Uteroglobin, also called Clara cell secretory, phospholipid binding, 10 kDa or 16 kDa protein (CCSP, CCPBP, CC10 or CC16, respectively) is a small, non‑glycosylated secreted protein of the secretoglobin superfamily, (designated 1A, member 1) (1‑3). Its name is derived from its very high expression in the pre‑implantation uterus. It is produced by the non-ciliated, non-mucous secretory cells that predominate in lung bronchioles (Clara cells), and other non-ciliated epithelia that communicate with the external environment (1‑3). Expression is induced by steroid hormones such as estrogen, and enhanced by the non-steroid hormone prolactin (1). Uteroglobin is found in blood, urine and other body fluids (1). Human Uteroglobin cDNA encodes a 21 amino acid (aa) signal sequence and a 70 aa mature protein. It shares 53‑56% aa identity with mouse, rat, bovine, canine, equine or rabbit Uteroglobin, and is active in mice (4). The mature protein forms a disulfide-linked head-to-tail homodimer of 16 kDa (2, 5). This homodimer is thought to form a binding pocket that binds hydrophobic ligands such as phospholipids, progesterone and retinols (5). Sequestering of prostaglandins and leukotrienes is anti-inflammatory, while sequestering of carcinogens such as polychlorinated bisphenols is anti-tumorigenic (6‑8). Other immunoregulatory activities of Uteroglobin include cell migration inhibition (by binding the chemotaxis-related formyl peptide receptor FPR2 on dendritic cells), and the inhibition of T cell differentiation to a Th2 phenotype (9). A single nucleotide polymorphism of Uteroglobin, A38G, confers increased risk of asthma (10). Transglutaminase can crosslink Uteroglobin, either to itself or to other proteins such as the adhesion molecule fibronectin (3, 11). Binding of fibronectin to Uteroglobin in the kidney is thought to protect against nephropathy, while binding of the lipocalin-1 receptor has been reported to suppress cancer cell motility and invasion (12, 13).
- Mukherjee, A.B. et al. (2007) Endocr. Rev. 28:707.
- Singh, G. et al. (1988) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 950:329.
- Mantile, G. et al. (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268:20343.
- Wang, S-Z. et al. (2003) J. Immunol. 171:1051.
- Umland, T.C. et al. (1994) Nat. Struct. Biol. 1:538.
- Mandal, A.K. et al. (2004) J. Exp. Med. 199:1317.
- Watson, T.M. et al. (2001) Am. J. Physiol. Lung Cell Mol. Physiol. 281:L1523.
- Yang, Y. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:29336.
- Ray, R. et al. (2006) FEBS Lett. 580:6022.
- Martin, A.C. et al. (2006) Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 173:617.
- Antico, G. et al. (2006) J. Cell Physiol. 207:553.
- Zheng, F. et al. (1999) Nat. Med. 5:1018.
- Zhang, Z. et al. (2006) Gene 369:66.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: IHC, IHC-P, PA, WB
Applications: IHC, IHC-P, WB
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: IHC, WB
Applications: IP, WB
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: CyTOF-ready, Dual ISH-IHC, ICC, IHC, ICFlow, Simple Western, WB
Applications: IHC, Simple Western, WB
Applications: WB, IHC
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for Uteroglobin/SCGB1A1 Antibody (MAB4218). (Showing 1 - 1 of 1 FAQs).
MAB4218 Uteroglobin antibody Can you tell me if it reacts in mouse tissue?
- This product has not yet been tested with mouse samples and based on the sequence homology (52%) we do not anticipate this product being able to detect the mouse protein. If you are looking for a mouse antibody for this target, we have two products that might be better options:https://www.novusbio.com/products/uteroglobin-scgb1a1-antibody-ju34-03_nbp2-75705https://www.novusbio.com/products/uteroglobin-scgb1a1-antibody-122_nbp2-90517
Additional Uteroglobin/SCGB1A1 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for Uteroglobin/SCGB1A1 Antibody (MAB4218)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to Uteroglobin/SCGB1A1 Antibody (MAB4218). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on Uteroglobin/SCGB1A1