LAG-3 Antibody (1009611) [Unconjugated] Summary
Mouse myeloma cell line NS0-derived recombinant human LAG-3
Accession # P18627
Detects human LAG-3 in direct ELISAs.
Protein A or G purified from hybridoma culture supernatant
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Flow Cytometry 0.25 ug/10^6 cells
- Western Blot 2 ug/mL
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with Trehalose. *Small pack size (SP) is supplied as a 0.2 µm filtered solution in PBS.
Reconstitute at 0.5 mg/mL in sterile PBS.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for LAG-3 Antibody (1009611) [Unconjugated]
- CD223 antigen
- lymphocyte activating 3
- lymphocyte activation gene 3 protein
- lymphocyte-activation gene 3
- Secreted lymphocyte activation gene 3 protein
LAG-3 (Lymphocyte activation gene-3), also known as CD223, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF). The mature LAG-3 protein is a 496 amino acid (aa) membrane protein with a 421 aa extracellular region which contains four IgSF domains, a 21 aa transmembrane region and a 54 aa cytoplasmic region. LAG-3 and CD4 molecules share < 20% aa sequence homology but have a similar structure (1, 2). Both molecules bind to MHC class II. LAG-3 binds to MHC class II with higher affinity compared to CD4. Both LAG-3 and CD4 genes are located on the distal part of the short arm of chromosome 12.
LAG-3 is an activation-induced molecule, expressed on activated T cells and NK cells, but not on resting T cells. Studies using LAG-3 -/- mice have shown significant delay of T cell apoptosis following antigen stimulation and increased size of memory T cells pool following infection (3, 4). It also has been reported that anti-LAG-3 antibodies up-regulate T cell activation by blocking interaction of LAG-3 and MHC class II. The study has demonstrated that LAG-3 is selectively expressed on activated CD4+CD25+ TReg cells and plays a role in their suppressive activity (5). This evidence indicated, unlike the interaction of CD4 with MHC class II that plays a positive role in T cell activation, LAG-3 binds to MHC class II and negatively regulates T cell activation through LAG-3 signaling. On the other hand, studies have shown that binding of LAG-3 to MHC class II molecules on antigen presenting cells induce maturation of dendritic cells and cytokine secretion by monocytes through MHC class II signal transduction (6). Taken together, LAG-3 may have two major functions, it negatively regulates T cells activation through LAG-3 signaling and stimulates antigen presenting cells which express MHC class II.
- Triebel, F. et al. (1990) J. Exp. Med. 171:1393.
- Baixeras, E. et al. (1992) J. Exp. Med 176:327.
- Workman, C.J. and D.A. Vignali (2003) Eur. J. Immunol. 33:970.
- Workman, C.J. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 172:5450.
- Huang, C.T. et al. (2004) Immunity 21:503.
- Andreae, S. et al. (2003) Blood 102:2130.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: Flow-IC, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, WB
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, WB
Species: Hu, Po
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IF
Species: Ca, Hu, Mu, Po, Rb, Rt
Applications: Dual ISH-IHC, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, Simple Western, WB
Species: Pm, Pm-Cm, Hu, Pm, RM
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: Block, ICC, WB
Species: Hu, Pm
Applications: B/N, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, WB
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: Cell Depl, CyTOF-ready, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, InhibTFunc
Applications: Neut, WB
Species: Ec, Mu
Applications: CyTOF-ready, Flow-IC, Flow, IA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Applications: IHC, Neut, WB
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, WB
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: CyTOF-ready, Flow, Func, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, In vitro, In vivo, WB
Publications for LAG-3 Antibody (MAB23195) (0)
There are no publications for LAG-3 Antibody (MAB23195).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for LAG-3 Antibody (MAB23195) (0)
There are no reviews for LAG-3 Antibody (MAB23195).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for LAG-3 Antibody (MAB23195). (Showing 1 - 2 of 2 FAQ).
Can this LAG-3 antibody be used in ELISA?
- We have not validated this particular LAG-3 antibody for ELISA in mouse; however, it has been cited as being used as a detection antibody in a publicatoin (PMID 15946792).
I'm using your LAG-3 antibody in western blot but the observed band is a different size than the predicted band size, do you know what the bands are?
- There are several alternative splice varients of LAG-3 that could explain the different sized proteins stained by the LAG-3 antibody. It is also believed that there are two secreted forms of LAG-3, one that is about 36 kDa and another at 52 kDa.
Other Available Formats
Additional LAG-3 Products
Blogs on LAG-3