LAG-3 Antibody (874501) [Alexa Fluor® 594] Summary
Mouse myeloma cell line NS0-derived recombinant human LAG-3
Accession # P18627
Detects human LAG-3 in ELISAs.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Flow Cytometry 0.25-1 ug/10^6 cells
Flow Cytometry: Please use 0.25-1 ug of conjugated antibody per 10e6 cells.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store the unopened product at 2 - 8 °C. Do not use past expiration date.
Supplied 0.2 mg/mL in a saline solution containing BSA and Sodium Azide.
0.09% Sodium Azide
Please see the vial label for concentration. If unlisted please contact technical services.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for LAG-3 Antibody (874501) [Alexa Fluor® 594]
- CD223 antigen
- lymphocyte activation gene 3 protein
- lymphocyte-activation gene 3
- Protein FDC
LAG-3 (Lymphocyte activation gene-3), also known as CD223, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF). The mature LAG-3 protein is a 496 amino acid (aa) membrane protein with a 421 aa extracellular region which contains four IgSF domains, a 21 aa transmembrane region and a 54 aa cytoplasmic region. LAG-3 and CD4 molecules share < 20% aa sequence homology but have a similar structure (1, 2). Both molecules bind to MHC class II. LAG-3 binds to MHC class II with higher affinity compared to CD4. Both LAG-3 and CD4 genes are located on the distal part of the short arm of chromosome 12.
LAG-3 is an activation-induced molecule, expressed on activated T cells and NK cells, but not on resting T cells. Studies using LAG-3 -/- mice have shown significant delay of T cell apoptosis following antigen stimulation and increased size of memory T cells pool following infection (3, 4). It also has been reported that anti-LAG-3 antibodies up-regulate T cell activation by blocking interaction of LAG-3 and MHC class II. The study has demonstrated that LAG-3 is selectively expressed on activated CD4+CD25+ TReg cells and plays a role in their suppressive activity (5). This evidence indicated, unlike the interaction of CD4 with MHC class II that plays a positive role in T cell activation, LAG-3 binds to MHC class II and negatively regulates T cell activation through LAG-3 signaling. On the other hand, studies have shown that binding of LAG-3 to MHC class II molecules on antigen presenting cells induce maturation of dendritic cells and cytokine secretion by monocytes through MHC class II signal transduction (6). Taken together, LAG-3 may have two major functions, it negatively regulates T cells activation through LAG-3 signaling and stimulates antigen presenting cells which express MHC class II.
- Triebel, F. et al. (1990) J. Exp. Med. 171:1393.
- Baixeras, E. et al. (1992) J. Exp. Med 176:327.
- Workman, C.J. and D.A. Vignali (2003) Eur. J. Immunol. 33:970.
- Workman, C.J. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 172:5450.
- Huang, C.T. et al. (2004) Immunity 21:503.
- Andreae, S. et al. (2003) Blood 102:2130.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, Flow, CyTOF-ready, ICC
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Pm
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, PAGE
Applications: WB, Block, ICC
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Cell Depl, CyTOF-ready, InhibTFunc
Applications: Flow, Func, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, IA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, IHC, Neut
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, In vivo, CyTOF-ready
Publications for LAG-3 Antibody (FAB23193T) (0)
There are no publications for LAG-3 Antibody (FAB23193T).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for LAG-3 Antibody (FAB23193T) (0)
There are no reviews for LAG-3 Antibody (FAB23193T).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for LAG-3 Antibody (FAB23193T). (Showing 1 - 4 of 4 FAQ).
What is the concentration of your biotin conjugated LAG-3 antibody?
- We actuall do not determine the concentration of our conjugated antibodies but they are usuall 80-100% the concentration of the base product, so the concentration should be at least 0.8 mg/ml.
Can this LAG-3 antibody be used in ELISA?
- We have not validated this particular LAG-3 antibody for ELISA in mouse; however, it has been cited as being used as a detection antibody in a publicatoin (PMID 15946792).
I'm using your LAG-3 antibody in western blot but the observed band is a different size than the predicted band size, do you know what the bands are?
- There are several alternative splice varients of LAG-3 that could explain the different sized proteins stained by the LAG-3 antibody. It is also believed that there are two secreted forms of LAG-3, one that is about 36 kDa and another at 52 kDa.
Is this LAG-3 antibody offered in a smaller size that is less expensive?
- We do not offer a sample size for this particular LAG 3 antibody but we do offer another, AF3329, in a 25 ug sample size.
Additional Array Products
Bioinformatics Tool for LAG-3 Antibody (FAB23193T)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to LAG-3 Antibody (FAB23193T). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on LAG-3