Hu, Mu, RtApplications:
WB, IHC, IHC-PHost:
TSG6 is encoded by this gene is a secretory protein that contains a hyaluronan-binding domain, and thus is a member of the hyaluronan-binding protein family. The hyaluronan-binding domain is known to be involved in extracellular matrix stability and cell migration. This protein has been shown to form a stable complex with inter-alpha-inhibitor (I alpha I), and thus enhance the serine protease inhibitory activity of I alpha I, which is important in the protease network associated with inflammation. The expression of this gene can be induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha and interleukin-1. The expression can also be induced by mechanical stimuli in vascular smooth muscle cells, and is found to be correlated with proteoglycan synthesis and aggregation.
|Product By Gene ID
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced protein 6
- TNF alpha-induced protein 6
- tumor necrosis factor-stimulated gene-6 protein
- Hyaluronate-binding protein
- TSG6tumor necrosis factor-inducible gene 6 protein
- TSG-6tumor necrosis factor alpha-inducible protein 6
- TNF-stimulated gene 6 protein
- tumor necrosis factor, alpha-induced protein 6
Bioinformatics Tool for TSG-6
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to TSG-6. Need help? Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.