SUMO-interacting Motif (SIM) Peptide Agarose Protein, CF Summary
|Details of Functionality
SUMO-interacting Motif (SIM) Peptide Agarose is ideal for the enrichment of known SIM Peptide-interacting proteins as well as the discovery of novel SIM Peptide-interacting proteins. We recommend equilibrating the resin by washing with 5-10 mL of your desired aqueous buffer.
| Protein/Peptide Type
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Do not freeze.
- 3 months from date of receipt, 2 to 8 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after opening.
0.25 ml SIM peptide agarose supplied in a 0.5 ml total volume of 50 mM Hepes pH 7.5, 250 mM NaCl.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for SUMO-interacting Motif (SIM) Peptide Agarose Protein, CF
- Chromosome 5 Open Reading Frame 25
- Oocyte Maturation Associated 1
- Platform Element For Inhibition Of Autolytic Degradation
- SUMOinteracting Motif
- SUMO-interacting Motif
- SUMO-Interacting Motif-Containing Protein 1
- SUMO-Interacting Motifs Containing 1
Small Ubiquitin-like Modifiers (SUMOs) are a family of small, related proteins that are enzymatically attached to target proteins by a process termed SUMOylation. This post-translational modification regulates many cellular processes including DNA transcription and repair, cell cycle progression, protein intracellular trafficking, and nuclear receptor activities (1,2). SUMO binding and/or interaction with proteins is mediated by short amino acid consensus sequences termed SUMO-interacting motifs (SIMs) (2-5). To date, all SIMs appear to contain a hydrophobic core sequence that is either preceded or succeeded by an acidic region composed of either glutamate or aspartate residues or phosphorylated serine or threonine residues (3,6,7). The hydrophobic core of SIMs has been shown to interact with the alpha ‑helix and beta 2-strand surfaces on SUMO proteins while the negatively charged residues surrounding the hydrophobic core appear to influence binding affinities and dictate binding preferences for the various SUMO isoforms (2,5-9). SIMs have been identified in numerous types of proteins including SUMO ligases (E3), transcription factors, and transcriptional repressors (2,4,6,10-16). This affinity resin is derived from a PIAS sequence and can be used for the enrichment, isolation, and identification of SUMOylated proteins.
- Hilgarth, R.S. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:53899.
- Gareau, J.R. & C.D. Lima (2010) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 11:861.
- Minty, A. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275:36316.
- Song, J. et al. (2004) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101:14373.
- Song, J. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:40122.
- Hecker, C.M. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:16117.
- Hickey, C.M. et al. (2012) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 13:755.
- Namanja, A.T. et al. (2012) J. Biol. Chem. 287:3231.
- Chang, C.C. et al. (2011) Mol. Cell 42:62.
- .Lin, D.Y. et al. (2006) Mol. Cell 24:341.
- Du, J.X. et al. (2010) J. Biol. Chem. 285:28298.
- .Liu, Y.C. et al. (2011) J. Biol. Chem. 286:42818.
- Saether, T. et al. (2011) Oncogene 30:212.
- Guzzo, C.M. et al. (2012) Sci. Signal. 5:ra88.
- Kolesar, P. et al. (2012) Nucleic Acids Res. 40:7831.
- Lukic, Z. et al. (2013) Retrovirology 10:10.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Publications for SUMO-interacting Motif (SIM) (AM-200) (0)
There are no publications for SUMO-interacting Motif (SIM) (AM-200).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for SUMO-interacting Motif (SIM) (AM-200) (0)
There are no reviews for SUMO-interacting Motif (SIM) (AM-200).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
FAQs for SUMO-interacting Motif (SIM) (AM-200) (0)
Additional Array Products
Blogs on SUMO-interacting Motif (SIM)