Hu, Mu, RtApplications:
WB, IHC, IHC-PHost:
Host: Mouse Monoclonal
STEAP4 is a member of a family of metalloreductases identified as cell-surface antigens in prostate tissue. It is similar to two other members of the STEAP family, STEAP2 and STEAP3. STEAP4 promotes the reduction of both iron (Fe3+ to Fe2+) and copper (Cu2+ to Cu1+). STEAP4 is highly expressed in placenta, lung, heart and prostate tissues. Furthermore, it is over expressed in prostate cancer cells compared to normal prostate cells. STEAP4 may have a role in cell proliferation and prostrate cancer progression since over expression of STEAP4 in prostate cells significantly increases cell growth and colony formation. At least two isoforms of this protein are known to exist.
|Product By Gene ID
- EC 1.16.1
- SixTransMembrane protein of prostate 2
- EC 1.16.1.-
- Six-transmembrane epithelial antigen of prostate 4
- tumor necrosis-alpha-induced adipose-related protein
- TIARPsix transmembrane prostate protein 2
- Tumor necrosis factor, alpha-induced protein 9metalloreductase STEAP4
- STEAP family member 4
Bioinformatics Tool for STAMP2/STEAP4
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to STAMP2/STEAP4. Need help? Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.