Hu, Mu, Rt, PoApplications:
Host: Rabbit Polyclonal
Applications: WB, ELISA, AP
PMP70 is encoded by this gene is a member of the superfamily of ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters. ABC proteins transport various molecules across extra- and intra-cellular membranes. ABC genes are divided into seven distinct subfamilies (ABC1, MDR/TAP, MRP, ALD, OABP, GCN20, White). This protein is a member of the ALD subfamily, which is involved in peroxisomal import of fatty acids and/or fatty acyl-CoAs in the organelle. All known peroxisomal ABC transporters are half transporters which require a partner half transporter molecule to form a functional homodimeric or heterodimeric transporter. This peroxisomal membrane protein likely plays an important role in peroxisome biogenesis. Mutations have been associated with some forms of Zellweger syndrome, a heterogeneous group of peroxisome assembly disorders. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms.
|Product By Gene ID
- Peroxisomal membrane protein-1 (70kD)
- 70 kDa peroxisomal membrane protein
- peroxisomal membrane protein 1 (70kD, Zellweger syndrome)
- PXMP1dJ824O18.1 (ATP-binding cassette, sub-family D (ALD), member 3 (PMP70, PXMP1))
- PMP70ATP-binding cassette sub-family D member 3
- ATP-binding cassette, sub-family D (ALD), member 3
Bioinformatics Tool for PMP70
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to PMP70. Need help? Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.