Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ze, Gt, Pm, ShApplications:
Hu, Mu, RtApplications:
Diglyceride acyltransferase (DGAT) is a membrane-bound Sterol o-acyltransferase subfamily member. DGAT1 is a microsomal enzyme that assists in the synthesis of fatty acids into triglycerides. Specifically, it catalyzes the terminal step in triacylglycerol synthesis, using diacylglycerol (DAG) and fatty acyl CoA as substrates.
DGAT plays a fundamental role in the metabolism of cellular diacylglycerol and is important in higher eukaryotes for physiologic processes involving triacylglycerol metabolism such as intestinal fat absorption, lipoprotein assembly, adipose tissue formation, and lactation. DGAT1 is involved in fat absorption in the intestine and in basal level triglyceride synthesis in adipose tissue, where it is more highly expressed.
|Product By Gene ID
- EC 2.3.1
- EC 188.8.131.52
- ACAT-related gene product 1
- diacylglycerol O-acyltransferase homolog 1
- Diglyceride acyltransferase
- ARGP1acyl coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase related gene 1
- DGATACAT related gene product 1
- diacylglycerol O-acyltransferase homolog 1 (mouse)
- diacylglycerol O-acyltransferase 1