Hu, Rt, Po, Bv, Gt, Pm, PmApplications:
WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-PHost:
WB, ELISA, IHC, IHC-PHost:
Applications: IHC, IHC-P
Host: Rabbit Polyclonal
WB, ELISA, PA, AP
3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta(5)-delta(4)isomerase (HSD3B1) is a bifunctional enzyme involved in the oxidative conversion of steroids and plays an important role in the synthesis of all steroid hormones. There are two HSD3B1 proteins--designated type I and type II--that are expressed by different genes and function in different areas of the body. HSD3B1 has also been shown to be a highly specific and sensitive trophoblast-associated marker.
HSD3B1 is required for the production of progesterone by the placenta, so it is predicted that mutations in this gene may cause infertility in women. HSD3B1 antibodies are useful tools for researchers studying hormone regulation and reproductive biology.
|Product By Gene ID
- EC 1.1.1
- 3-beta-hydroxy-Delta(5)-steroid dehydrogenase
- steroid Delta-isomerase
- short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 11E, member 1,3-beta-hydroxy-5-ene steroid dehydrogenase
- 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/Delta 5-->4-isomerase type 1
- progesterone reductase
- hydroxy-delta-5-steroid dehydrogenase, 3 beta-and steroid delta-isomerase 1
- 3-beta-HSD I
- delta-5-3-ketosteroid isomerase
- 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/Delta 5-->4-isomerase type I
- Trophoblast antigen FDO161G
- hydroxy-delta-5-steroid dehydrogenase, 3 beta- and steroid delta-isomerase 1
Bioinformatics Tool for HSD3B1
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to HSD3B1. Need help? Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.