WB, IHC, NeutHost:
Applications: RNAi, RNAi SP
SLPI encodes a secreted inhibitor which protects epithelial tissues from serine proteases. It is found in various secretions including seminal plasma, cervical mucus, and bronchial secretions, and has affinity for trypsin, leukocyte elastase, and cathepsin G. Its inhibitory effect contributes to the immune response by protecting epithelial surfaces from attack by endogenous proteolytic enzymes; the protein is also thought to have broad-spectrum anti-biotic activity.
|Product By Gene ID
- secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (antileukoproteinase)
- Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor
- WAP four-disulfide core domain protein 4
- BLPISeminal proteinase inhibitor
- ALPProtease inhibitor WAP4
- Mucus proteinase inhibitor
- secretory leukocyte peptidase inhibitor
Research Areas for SLPI
Find related products by research area and learn more about each of the different research areas below.Cancer
Bioinformatics Tool for SLPI
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to SLPI. Need help? Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.