Publications for Treponema pallidum Antibody (NB110-17242) (0)
There are no publications for Treponema pallidum Antibody (NB110-17242).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for Treponema pallidum Antibody (NB110-17242) (0)
There are no reviews for Treponema pallidum Antibody (NB110-17242).
By submitting a review earn points towards our Rewards Program.
- 250 points for product review
- 500 additional points for an image with your product review
- Double points (500) if you are the first to review this product
- Double points (1000) if you are the first to review this product with an image
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for Treponema pallidum Antibody (NB110-17242). (Showing 1 - 1 of 1 FAQ).
I would like to use this antibody for IHC-P, and would like to know the recommended Antigen Retrieval Method.
- This antibody is for detecting the specimens that have been infected with the spirochaete pathogen. Unlike the cellular proteins (targeting by many antibodies) whose locations in vivo are strictly defined by their own biological, physiological, pathological, and others properties, Treponema pallidum can actually move around in the hosts after infection (T. pallidum is a motile spirochaete that, entering the host via breaches in squamous or columnar epithelium. The helical structure of T. pallidum allows it to move in a corkscrew motion through a viscous medium such as mucus. It gains access to the host's blood and lymph systems through tissue and mucous membranes. Therefore, there is no consensual protocol regarding the antigen retrieval method for detecting anti-Treponema pallidum in the IHC-P tissues. However, the most publications/websites posted online suggest using the heat-induced methods, and at least two have recommended the citrate buffer/HIER Citrate Buffer (pH 6.5).
Additional Treponema pallidum Antibody Products
Blogs on Treponema pallidum