MFNG, also known as Beta-1,3-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase manic fringe, has 2 isoforms, a 321 amino acid isoform that is 36 kDa and a 307 amino acid isoform that is 35 kDa, Golgi apparatus membrane subcellular location, participates in the elongation of O-linked ligands to activate Notch signaling and has fucose-specific beta-1,3-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase activity. Studies on this protein have shown a relationship with the following diseases and disorders: alagille syndrome, basal cell carcinoma, hepatitis b, psoriasis, hepatitis, and carcinoma. This protein has also been shown to have interactions with NOTCH2, JAG1, JAG2, DLL1, NOTCH1, ITGA3, LHX2, and NOTCH3 in Notch signaling pathway, Pre-NOTCH Expression and Processing, Pre-NOTCH Processing in Golgi, Signal Transduction, Delta-Notch Signaling Pathway, other types of O-glycan biosynthesis, and Development Notch Signaling Pathway.
|Product By Gene ID
- beta-1,3-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase manic fringe
- manic fringe homolog (Drosophila)
- manic fringe (Drosophila) homolog
- EC 22.214.171.124
- O-fucosylpeptide 3-beta-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase
- MFNG O-fucosylpeptide 3-beta-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase