Applications: WB, ELISA, PA
Progestin Receptor Beta-extra recognizes the extracellular epitope of the membrane progestin receptor. Progestin receptors with are found in pituitary, reproductive tract and most estrogen receptor-containing brain regions; these receptors are inducible by estrogen treatment. There are also progestin receptor sites in brain areas lacking estrogen receptors, such as the cerebral cortex of the rat; these receptors are not induced by estradiol treatment. Nevertheless, such receptors resemble those induced by estradiol. Another inducer of progestin receptors in brain is testosterone, which works through its conversion to estradiol via aromatization.
|Product By Gene ID
- membrane progestin receptor beta
- mPR beta
- lysosomal membrane protein in brain-1
- Progestin and adipoQ receptor family member 8
- C6orf33Lysosomal membrane protein in brain 1
- progestin and adipoQ receptor family member VIIIchromosome 6 open reading frame 33
Bioinformatics Tool for PAQR8
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to PAQR8. Need help? Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.