Hu, Rt, Bv, Pm, Ze, Mu(-)Applications:
WB, Simple WesternHost:
MAT1A and MAT2A are catalytic subunits of methionine adenosyltransferase (MAT), which catalyzes the formation of S-adenosyltransferase for methionine catabolism. Inactivation of MAT1A has been linked to liver disease. In addition, in certain liver cancers, expression of MAT1A is replaced by expression of MAT1B. Overexpression of MAT2A has also been observed in colon cancer, leading to the proposal that MAT2A facilitates cancer cell growth.
MAT1A and MAT2A antibodies are useful tools for cancer research and liver function research.
|Product By Gene ID
- MAT 2
- Methionine adenosyltransferase II
- Methionine adenosyltransferase 2
- S-adenosylmethionine synthetase isoform type-2
- AdoMet synthase 2
- S-adenosylmethionine synthase isoform type-2
- MATA2SAMS2adoMet synthetase 2
- EC 18.104.22.168
- methionine adenosyltransferase II, alpha
Bioinformatics Tool for MAT1/2A
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to MAT1/2A. Need help? Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.