Hexokinase 1/2 Antibody [Unconjugated] Summary
E. coli-derived recombinant human Hexokinase 1 and E. coli-derived recombinant human Hexokinase 2
Phe11-Ser917 and Phe11-Arg917
Accession # P19367 & P52789
Detects human Hexokinase 1 and human Hexokinase 2 in direct ELISAs and Western blots.
Immunogen affinity purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Immunohistochemistry 1:200 dilution
- Western Blot 1:1000 dilution
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C, as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after opening.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after opening.
Supplied as a solution in PBS containing BSA, Glycerol and Sodium Azide. See Certificate of Analysis for details.
Immunogen affinity purified
* Contains <0.1% Sodium Azide, which is not hazardous at this concentration according to GHS classifications. Refer to SDS for additional information and handling instructions.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for Hexokinase 1/2 Antibody [Unconjugated]
Hexokinases phosphorylate hexose to form hexose 6-phosphate, the first step in hexose metabolism (1). Phosphorylation of a hexose adds charge to molecule thereby making it difficult to transport out of a cell. The hexose is therefore retained for intracellular metabolic processes, such as glycolysis or glycogen synthesis. In most organisms, glucose is the most important substrate of hexokinases and glucose-6-phosphate is the most important product. There are four mammalian hexokinases (2). Hexokinase 1, 2 and 3 are referred to as high-affinity hexokinases because their Km for glucose is below 1 mM. Hexokinase 4 is specific for glucose and is also referred to as glucokinase (3). Hexokinase I localizes to the outer membrane of mitochondria and is found in all mammalian tissues. The amino acids involved in mitochondrion membrane localization (4) have been removed in the recombinant enzyme. Hexokinase 1 (HK1) contains two homologous halves that are believed to be evolved from a single ancestral hexokinase by gene duplication and fusion (5). While the regulatory function is associated with the N-terminal half, the catalytic site is associated with the C-terminal half. HK1 is insensitive to product inhibition (6). Mutation in the active site of human hexokinase is associated with hexokinase deficiency and severe nonspherocytic hemolytic anemia (7). The enzymatic activity of recombinant human HK1 is measured using a phosphatase-coupled method (8).
1. Aleshin, A.E. et al. (1998) Structure 6:39-50
2. Takeda, J. et al. (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268:15200.
3. Lange, A.J. et al. (1991) Biochem. J. 277:159–163.
4. Magnani, M. et al., J. Biol. Chem. 266: 502.
5. Nishi, S. et al. (1988) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 157:937.
6. Magnani, M. et al. (1992) Biochem. J. 285:193.
7. Van Wijk R. et al. (2003) Blood 101:345.
8. Wu, Z.L. (2011) PLoS One 6:e23172.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Publications for Hexokinase 1/2 Antibody (AF8178) (0)
There are no publications for Hexokinase 1/2 Antibody (AF8178).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for Hexokinase 1/2 Antibody (AF8178) (0)
There are no reviews for Hexokinase 1/2 Antibody (AF8178).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for Hexokinase 1/2 Antibody (AF8178) (0)
Additional Hexokinase 1/2 Products
Blogs on Hexokinase 1/2