AEC Chromogen/Substrate Summary
Peroxidase reacts with 3% Hydrogen Peroxide Substrate to degrade it, which in turn reacts with AEC to precipitate it at the positive sites giving red brown colored end product.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C. Do not freeze.
Please see the protocols for proper use of this product. If no protocol is available, contact technical services for assistance.
- Immunohistochemistry 1:10-1:500
To use as substrate/chromogen in conjunction with peroxidase based immunostaining systems.
Note: The working chromogen solution is stable for 6 hours. Any solution not used after this period should be discarded.
1. Take 5 ml of distilled or de-ionized water in a test tube.
2. Add two drops of concentrated buffer and mix.
3. Add two drops of concentrated AEC Chromogen and mix.
4. Add two drops of 3% H2O2 substrate solution and mix.
1. Once tissue sections have been incubated with peroxidase, wash them with buffer thoroughly.
2. Wipe the class to remove excess buffer and add enough drops of the working AEC solution to cover the tissue sections.
3. Incubate for 10-20 mintues at room temperature. For the best results, look under the microscope for the signal development. Once desired signal to noise ratio is achieved, stop the reaction by washing slides in wash buffer.
Kit Components: 3mL concentrated AEC Buffer, 3mL concentrated AEC Chromogen and 3 mL of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide Substrate.
Even though DAB is much more sensitive chromogen compared to amino ethyl carbazol (AEC) because of its carcinogenic nature, some labs avoid using DAB. To resolve this problem, we have designed an AEC chromogen in liquid format. AEC is a chromogen of choice when performing immunoperoxidase staining. It has been well accepted amongst the pathologist because of its relatively less toxic nature compared to DAP. It produces a red colored end product at the positive sites which gives a good contrast with blue hematoxylin counter stain. Specimens stained in AEC cannot be dehydrated in ethanol and hence should be mounted in aqueous based mounting medium.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Support products are guaranteed
for 6 months from date of receipt.
Publications for AEC Chromogen/Substrate (NB900-79773) (0)
There are no publications for AEC Chromogen/Substrate (NB900-79773).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for AEC Chromogen/Substrate (NB900-79773) (0)
There are no reviews for AEC Chromogen/Substrate (NB900-79773).
By submitting a review earn points towards our Rewards Program.
- 250 points for product review
- 500 additional points for an image with your product review
- Double points (500) if you are the first to review this product
- Double points (1000) if you are the first to review this product with an image
Product General Protocols
View specific protocols for AEC Chromogen/Substrate (NB900-79773):
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for AEC Chromogen/Substrate (NB900-79773) (0)
Additional AEC Chromogen/Substrate Products
Blogs on AEC Chromogen/Substrate