AEC Chromogen/Substrate Summary
Peroxidase reacts with 3% Hydrogen Peroxide Substrate to degrade it, which in turn reacts with AEC to precipitate it at the positive sites giving red brown colored end product.
- Immunohistochemistry 1:10-1:500
Stable chromogen/substrate solution to be used in conjunction with peroxidase-based immunostaining systems. Specimens stained using AEC Chromogen/Substrate cannot be dehydrated in ethanol and hence need to be mounted in an aqueous based mounting medium.
1. Once sections have been incubated with peroxidase, wash sections with wash buffer.
2. Wipe slides to remove excess buffer. Add enough drops of AEC Chromogen/Substrate to cover tissue sections.
3. Incubate for 5- 15 minutes at room temperature.
4. For best results, observe reaction under a microscope for signal development.
5. Once desired signal to noise ratio is achieved, stop reaction by washing slides in DI H2O.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C. Do not freeze.
Even though DAB is much more sensitive chromogen compared to amino ethyl carbazol (AEC) because of its carcinogenic nature, some labs avoid using DAB. To resolve this problem, we have designed an AEC chromogen in liquid format. AEC is a chromogen of choice when performing immunoperoxidase staining. It has been well accepted amongst the pathologist because of its relatively less toxic nature compared to DAP. It produces a red colored end product at the positive sites which gives a good contrast with blue hematoxylin counter stain. Specimens stained in AEC cannot be dehydrated in ethanol and hence should be mounted in aqueous based mounting medium.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Support products are guaranteed
for 6 months from date of receipt.
Publications for AEC Chromogen/Substrate (NB900-79773) (0)
There are no publications for AEC Chromogen/Substrate (NB900-79773).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for AEC Chromogen/Substrate (NB900-79773) (0)
There are no reviews for AEC Chromogen/Substrate (NB900-79773).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
View specific protocols for AEC Chromogen/Substrate (NB900-79773):
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for AEC Chromogen/Substrate (NB900-79773) (0)
Additional AEC Chromogen/Substrate Products
Blogs on AEC Chromogen/Substrate