SCN4A is a member of the sodium channel alpha subunit family and mediates the voltage-dependent sodium ion permeability of excitable membranes. It assumes opened or closed conformations in response to the voltage difference across the membrane; the protein forms a sodium-selective channel through which Na(+) ions may pass in accordance with their electrochemical gradient. This sodium channel may be present in both denervated and innervated skeletal muscle.
|Product By Gene ID
- sodium channel protein type 4 subunit alpha
- sodium channel protein type IV subunit alpha
- voltage-gated sodium channel subunit alpha Nav1.4
- sodium channel protein skeletal muscle subunit alpha
- skeletal muscle voltage-dependent sodium channel type IV alpha subunit
- sodium channel, voltage-gated, type IV, alpha subunit
Bioinformatics Tool for SCN4A
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to SCN4A. Need help? Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.