- Proteins and Peptides
- Lysates and Cell Lines
Procedure Guide for NB 400-104 Polyclonal anti-SR-B1
Western Blot Procedure
1. Run ~50 ug of protein on a 4-20% Tris-glycine mini-gel at 125V for 60 minutes.
2. Equilibrate gel, nitrocellulose membrane, Whatman paper, and blotting pads in transfer buffer for 15 minutes.
3. Transfer protein to the membrane at 25V for 90 minutes.
4. Allow membrane to air-dry.
5. Block membrane with 1XPBS/5% non-fat milk/0.1% Tween-20 for 1 hour at room temperature (~23-27 degrees C).
6. Wash membrane twice, for 5 minutes each, with 1XPBS/0.05% Tween-20 (PBST).
7. Incubate membrane with 1:250 dilution of NB400-104 (anti-SR-BI), diluted in 1XPBS/1% BSA, for 1 hour at room temperature.
8. Wash membrane once for 15 minutes, then four times for 5 minutes each, with PBST.
9. Incubate membrane with 1:10,000 dilution of goat anti-rabbit IgG-HRP (BioRad), diluted in 1XPBS/1% BSA, for 1 hour at room temperature.
10. Wash membrane once for 15 minutes, then four times for 5 minutes each, with PBST.
11. Detect cross-reacting proteins using Renaissance Chemiluminescence Reagent Plus kit from NEN Life Sciences. NOTE: HL-60 whole cell extracts (NB800-PC3) were used as a positive control for this antibody.
1. Resuspend 1x10^6 cells in FACS Buffer.
2. Pellet at 1600 rpm for 4’ in a 96-well plate format
3. Resuspend in 50 uL FACS Buffer containing 1:100 dilution of SR-B1 Ab (NB 400-104) or mouse Isotype control Ab
4. Incubate at 4 degrees C for 1 hour
5. Pellet at 1600 rpm for 4&rsquo
6. Wash three times with 150 ul FACS buffer
7. Resuspend in 50 uL FACS Buffer containing 1:200 dilution of anti-mouse IgG1-PE Ab (Becton Dickinson Cat# 550083)
8. Incubate at 4 degrees C for 1 hour
9. Pellet at 1600 rpm for 4&rsquo
10. Wash three times with 150 ul FACS buffer
11. Resuspend in 150 ul FACS Buffer for analysis on a Becton Dickinson FACSCalibur.
A. Treat slides with Xylene: 3 changes for 5 minutes each. Drain slides for 10 seconds between changes.
B. Treat slides with 100% Reagent Alcohol: 3 changes for 5 minutes each. Drain slides for 10 seconds between changes.
II. Quench Endogenous Peroxidase:
A. Place slides in peroxidase quenching solution: 15-30 minutes.
To Prepare 200 ml of Quenching Solution:
Add 3 ml of 30% Hydrogen Peroxide to 200 ml of Methanol.
Use within 4 hours of preparation
B. Place slides in distilled water: 2 changes for 2 minutes each.
III. Retrieve Epitopes:
A. Preheat Citrate Buffer. Place 200 ml of Citrate Buffer Working Solution into container, cover and place into steamer. Heat to 90-96 degrees Celcius.
B. Place rack of slides into hot Citrate Buffer for 20 minutes. Cover.
C. Carefully remove container with slides from steamer and cool on bench, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
D. Slowly add distilled water to further cool for 5 minutes.
E. Rinse slides with distilled water. 2 changes for 2 minutes each.
IV. Immunostaining Procedure:
A. Remove each slide from rack and circle tissue section with a hydrophobic barrier pen (e.g. Liquid Blocker-Super Pap Pen).
B. Flood slide with Wash Solution.
Do not allow tissue sections to dry for the rest of the procedure.
C. Drain wash solution and apply 4 drops of Blocking Reagent to each slide and incubate for 15 minutes.
D. Drain Blocking Reagent (do not wash off the Blocking Reagent), apply 200 ul of Primary Antibody solution to each slide, and incubate for 1 hour.
E. Wash slides with Wash Solution: 3 changes for 5 minutes each.
F. Drain wash solution, apply 4 drops of Secondary antibody to each slide and incubate for 1 hour.
G. Wash slides with Wash Solution: 3 changes for 5 minutes each.
H. Drain wash solution, apply 4 drops of DAB Substrate to each slide and develop for 5-10 minutes. Check development with microscope.
I. Wash slides with Wash Solution: 3 changes for 5 minutes each.
J. Drain wash solution, apply 4 drops of Hematoxylin to each slide and stain for 1-3 minutes. Increase time if darker counterstaining is desired.
K. Wash slides with Wash Solution: 2-3 changes for 2 minutes each.
L. Drain wash solution and apply 4 drops of Bluing Solution to each slide for 1-2 minutes.
M. Rinse slides in distilled water.
N. Soak slides in 70% reagent alcohol: 3 minutes with intermittent agitation.
O. Soak slides in 95% reagent alcohol: 2 changes for 3 minutes each with intermittent agitation.
P. Soak slides in 100% reagent alcohol: 3 changes for 3 minutes each with intermittent agitation. Drain slides for 10 seconds between each change.
Q. Soak slides in Xylene: 3 changes for 3 minutes each with intermittent agitation. Drain slides for 10 seconds between each change.
R. Apply 2-3 drops of non-aqueous mounting media to each slide and mount coverslip.
S. Lay slides on a flat surface to dry prior to viewing under microscope.
-Use treated slides (e.g. HistoBond) to assure adherence of FFPE sections to slide.