Western Blot Protocol
1. Perform SDS-PAGE on samples to be analyzed, loading 10-25 ug of total protein per lane.
2. Transfer proteins to PVDF membrane according to the instructions provided by the manufacturer of the membrane and transfer apparatus.
3. Stain the membrane with Ponceau S (or similar product) to assess transfer success, and mark molecular weight standards where appropriate.
4. Rinse the blot TBS -0.05% Tween 20 (TBST).
5. Block the membrane in 5% Non-fat milk in TBST (blocking buffer) for at least 1 hour.
6. Wash the membrane in TBST three times for 10 minutes each.
7. Dilute primary antibody in blocking buffer and incubate overnight at 4C with gentle rocking.
8. Wash the membrane in TBST three times for 10 minutes each.
9. Incubate the membrane in diluted HRP conjugated secondary antibody in blocking buffer (as per manufacturer's instructions) for 1 hour at room temperature.
10. Wash the blot in TBST three times for 10 minutes each (this step can be repeated as required to reduce background).
11. Apply the detection reagent of choice in accordance with the manufacturers instructions