Histone H4 [Monomethyl Lys20] Antibody (5E10-D8): https://www.novusbio.com/products/histone-h4-antibody-5e10-d8_nbp1-30091
Procedure Guide for NBP1-30091- Histone H4 [K20-me1] Antibody
Western Blot Protocol
1. Perform SDS-PAGE (4-12% MOPS) on samples to be analyzed, loading 40 ug of total protein per lane.
2. Transfer proteins to Nitrocellulose according to the instructions provided by the manufacturer of the transfer
3. Rinse membrane with dH2O and then stain the blot using Ponceau S for 1-2 minutes to access the transfer of
proteins onto the nitrocellulose membrane. Rinse the blot in water to remove excess stain and mark the lane locations
and locations of molecular weight markers using a pencil.
4. Rinse the blot in TBS for approximately 5 minutes.
5. Block the membrane using 5% BSA in TBS + Tween, 1 hour at RT.
6. Rinse the membrane in dH2O and then wash the membrane in wash buffer [TBS + 0.1% Tween] 3 times for 10
7. Dilute the mouse anti-Histone H4 [K20-me1]primary antibody (NBP1-30091) in blocking buffer and incubate 1 hour at room
8. Rinse the membrane in dH2O and then wash the membrane in wash buffer [TBS + 0.1% Tween] 3 times for 10
9. Apply the diluted mouse-IgG HRP-conjugated secondary antibody in blocking buffer (as per manufacturers
instructions) and incubate 1 hour at room temperature.
10. Wash the blot in wash buffer [TBS + 0.1% Tween] 3 times for 10 minutes each (this step can be repeated as
required to reduce background).
11. Apply the detection reagent of choice in accordance with the manufacturers instructions (Pierce ECL).
Note: Tween-20 can be added to the blocking or antibody dilution buffer at a final concentration of 0.05-0.2%, provided
it does not interfere with antibody-antigen binding.
(c) 2009 Novus Biologicals - Histone H4 [K20-me1] Antibody - Page 1