1. Remove culture medium and wash the cells briefly in PBS. Add 10% formalin to the dish and fix at room temperature for 10 minutes.
2. Remove the formalin and wash the cells in PBS.
3. Permeablize the cells with 0.1% Triton X100 or other suitable detergent for 10 min.
4. Remove the permeablization buffer and wash three times for 10 minutes each in PBS. Be sure to not let the specimen dry out.
5. To block nonspecific antibody binding, incubate in 10% normal goat serum from 1 hour to overnight at room temperature.
6. Add primary antibody at appropriate dilution and incubate overnight at 4C.
7. Remove primary antibody and replace with PBS. Wash three times for 10 minutes each.
8. Add secondary antibody at appropriate dilution. Incubate for 1 hour at room temperature.
9. Remove secondary antibody and replace with PBS. Wash three times for 10 minutes each.
10. Counter stain DNA with DAPi if required.