Red Zymosan Phagocytosis Assay Kit (Fluorometric) Summary
Non-radioactive, high-throughput assay to quantify phagocytosis or screening phagocytosis effectors.
- Detection method: Fluorescence (Ex/Em = 540/570 nm)
- Applications: Rapid detection, quantification and validation of phagocytosis in convenient 96-well format. Tracking ligand internalization and screening for effectors of phagocytosis.
Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
- Phagocytosis Assay Buffer
- 10X Quenching Solution
- Red Zymosan
Phagocytosis in mammals serves as an important first line defense mechanism against invading pathogens. It is also essential for continuous clearance of dying cells, tissue remodeling, and acquisition of nutrients for some cells. Phagocytosis is a specific form of endocytosis initiated by recognition and binding of foreign particles by cell surface receptors, followed by their engulfment, and formation of phagosomes. Maturing phagosomes transform to phagolysosomes which destroy the pathogen through enzymes and toxic peroxides. Zymosan prepared from yeast cell wall (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), and consisting of protein-carbohydrate complexes is frequently used as a pathogen in phagocytosis assays. The Phagocytosis Assay Kit utilizes pre-labeled Zymosan particles as a tool for rapid and accurate detection and quantification of in vitro phagocytosis.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Kits are guaranteed
for 6 months from date of receipt.
Publications for Red Zymosan Phagocytosis Kit (NBP2-54860) (0)
There are no publications for Red Zymosan Phagocytosis Kit (NBP2-54860).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for Red Zymosan Phagocytosis Kit (NBP2-54860) (0)
There are no reviews for Red Zymosan Phagocytosis Kit (NBP2-54860).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
FAQs for Red Zymosan Phagocytosis Kit (NBP2-54860) (0)
Additional Array Products
Blogs on Red Zymosan Phagocytosis