Protein A ELISA Kit for Engineered Variant Summary
This Protein A ELISA is intended for detection of engineered Protein A constructs such as MabSelect SuRe™ in Bioprocess manufacturing applications. There are occasions where Protein A or its fragments leach from a purification column and remain bound to the Fc region of a therapeutic antibody. This must be avoided in order to preclude any adverse effects of Protein A on the patient, partic...ularly in instances where antibodies are manufactured for pharmaceutical uses. This ELISA can be utilized as a Protein A ligand leaching quality control step in the mAb development workflow.
No significant interference observed with available related molecules.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store the unopened product at 2 - 8 °C. Do not use past expiration date.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for Protein A ELISA Kit for Engineered Variant
- Immunoglobulin G binding protein A
- Protein A
- Staphylococcal protein A
Protein A is a Staphylococcus aureus cell wall constituent that is characterized by its binding affinity to the Fc portion of some immunoglobulins, especially those of the IgG class. Because of this property, it is often utilized for microscopic visualization of molecules and to purify antisera. Protein A has also been used for the treatment of proteinuria in nephrotic syndrome, and severe autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, coeliac disease, and systemic lupus erythematosis.
Publications for Protein A (BPPAEV0) (0)
There are no publications for Protein A (BPPAEV0).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for Protein A (BPPAEV0) (0)
There are no reviews for Protein A (BPPAEV0).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for Protein A (BPPAEV0). (Showing 1 - 2 of 2 FAQ).
During my master thesis, I am working on a large scale ribosome affinity purification in Trypanosoma brucei. Unfortunately, we have some problems with the present antibody (IgG against protein A, extracted from chicken). Therefore, we are searching a better and more efficient alternative. Ideally it is extracted from guinea pig, rat, mouse or rabbit. Searching suitable antibodies, I found you have some in your range of products. Since we need to work large scale and will need a bigger amount of antibodies the next months, we would like to get the possibility to test the new antibodies first. Therefore I would like to ask for an aliquot for testing. You would really help me finding an good alternative!
- We unfortunately cannot offer testing samples of our antibodies. I am sorry for any inconvenience. We do have two antibodies to Protein A that meet your host requirements. We fully guarantee our antibodies for all listed species and applications. For any applications and/or species not listed, we offer our Innovators Reward Program. In exchange for a review of your experiment using our product in an untested application or species, we will issue you a credit for the purchase price of the antibody.
wondering what the difference is between your quantikine and duo set elisas?
- Usually the duosets do not have the entire kit such as plates and buffers, whereas the other kits are complete.
Other Available Formats
Additional Protein A Products
Blogs on Protein A