GTPase Activity Kit (Colorimetric) Summary
This non radioactive colorimetric assay kit contains all the necessary reagents for measuring enzyme activity (everything included in the PiColorlock kit and more) and is ideal for high throughput drug screening.
The kits contain our PiColorlock, a non-radioactive, superior phosphate detection reagent. Key Features of PiColorLock:
- Colorimetric Assay-competitor assays are radioactive.
- Special additive ensures low backgrounds with acid-labile substrates.
- Unparalleled stability of phosphate-dye complexes.
- Reagent is compatible with almost any assay buffer.
- No inhibition of color development by high concentrations of protein.
- Stable reagent formulation - long shelf life.
Colorimetric assays for GTPases are invariably based on the formation of colored complexes between an inorganic phosphate and a dye molecule under acidic conditions.
Activity Kit (Colorimetric)
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Storage of components varies. See protocol for specific instructions.
- 1 x 0.25 ml of Accelerator (1 x 0.5 ml)
- 1 x 1.5 ml of 0.1M MgCl2 (2 x 1.5 ml)
- 1 x 10 ml of PiColorLock (1 x 25 ml)
- 1 x 5 ml of 0.1mM Pi standard (1 x 10 ml)
- 1 x 5 ml of 0.5M Tris pH 7.5 (1 x 10 ml)
- 1 x 5 ml of Stabiliser (1 x 10 ml)
- 2 x 96-well plates (5 plates)
- 4 vials of lyophilized ATP (10 vials)
This product is manufactured by Abcam and distributed by Novus Biologicals.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. This product is guaranteed for 1 year from date of receipt and this statement overrides any mentioned guarantee period on the limitations section of this products datasheet. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
This non radioactive colorimetric assay kit uses a 96 well format, and all the necessary reagents are supplied for measuring enzyme activity and are ideal for high throughput drug screening. Colorimetric assays for GTPases are invariably based on the formation of colored complexes between an inorganic phosphate and a dye molecule under acidic conditions. Such assays are beset with problems of reagent precipitation and high backgrounds caused by impure substrates (i.e. contaminated with inorganic phosphate) and/or by non-enzymatic (acid) hydrolysis of the substrate. At the heart of our assay kits is PiColorLock Gold, a superior phosphate detection reagent which ensures high stability of the colored dye-phosphate complexes. Together with specially purified substrates and proprietary stabilizers our kits offer the lowest possible assay backgrounds and outstanding assay performance. Uniquely, Innova Biosciences GTPase assay kits contain highly purified GTP, which have had any free inorganic phosphate removed ® this means that assays have the lowest possible background signal. PiColorLock reagent may also be purchased separately for developing simple assays for any phosphate-generating enzyme. It is offered in both high (Gold) and standard sensitivity (ALS) formulations to suit almost any assay situation.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Kits are guaranteed
for 6 months from date of receipt.