- Proteins and Peptides
- Lysates and Cell Lines
Intended Use: To recover antigens masked by fixation in cross linking fixatives such as formalin.
Format: 500 ml (10X concentrated) clear buffer
Storage: Store at room temperature. Do not use beyond the expiration date stated on the label.
Preparation of Reagent: Dilute one part buffer with nine parts distilled water.
Procedure: 1. Deparaffinize and rehydrate tissue sections.
2. Fill a coplin jar with sufficient 1X Tris-EDTA Buffer to cover the tissue sections on the slides.
3. Place coplin jar in steamer or water bath.
4. Heat steamer or water bath containing coplin jar to 95-100 degrees C.
5. Place deparaffinized slides (1-3 slides/jar) in the coplin jar and incubate for 20-40 minutes (optimal incubation time should be determined by the end used).
6. Remove coplin jar from the water bath and allow the slides to cool for 20 minutes to reach room temperature.
7. Wash slides in deionized water and then with wash buffer. Proceed with immunostaining.
Reference: Shi et al. J Histochem Cytochem 39: 741, 1991.