TNF-alpha Partial Recombinant Protein Summary
A partial protein corresponding to TNF.
E. coli expressed amino acids Leu 80-Leu 235 of mouse TNF-a (accession # NM_013693).
|Details of Functionality
The ED50 of this protein, as measured by L929 cytotoxicity assay, is less than or equal to 25 pg/mL. This corresponds to a specific activity of greater than or equal to 4 x 10^7 Units/mg.
Less than 0.01 ng/ug cytokine as determined by the LAL assay.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at -80C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
Sterile liquid; 10 mM sodium phosphate, pH 7.2, 150 mM NaCl, with no carriers. 0.22 um filtered.
Please see the vial label for concentration. If unlisted please contact technical services.
The recombinant mouse TNF-alpha; has been tested by sandwich ELISA using the mouse TNF-alpha; ELISA antibody pair (TN3-19.12/polyclonal antibody).
This protein was made to the mouse sequence.
Purity: Greater than 98%, as determined by SDS-PAGE
Alternate Names for TNF-alpha Partial Recombinant Protein
- APC1 protein
- TNF, monocyte-derived
- TNFATNF, macrophage-derived
- TNFSF2TNF superfamily, member 2
- tumor necrosis factor (TNF superfamily, member 2)
- tumor necrosis factor alpha
- Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2
- tumor necrosis factor
- tumor necrosis factor-alpha
Mouse TNF-a is a 17 kDa factor produced by macrophages, monocytes, neutrophils, CD4+ T cells and NK cells. A 26 kDa form of TNF-alpha is expressed as a membrane-bound molecule. TNF-alpha is cytolytic and plays an important role in immune regulation. Dimers and trimers of TNF-alpha have been observed.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Peptides and proteins are guaranteed
for 3 months from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ca, Ch, Xp
Applications: WB, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), ICC, ICFlow, Neut, ELISA(Sta)
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Av, Fe, Fi, Rb, Xp
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: Flow, Neut
Species: Hu, Rt, Ca, Mk
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: ELISA, IA
Publications for TNF-alpha Protein (NBP1-42899) (0)
There are no publications for TNF-alpha Protein (NBP1-42899).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for TNF-alpha Protein (NBP1-42899) (0)
There are no reviews for TNF-alpha Protein (NBP1-42899).
By submitting a review earn points towards our Rewards Program.
- 250 points for product review
- 500 additional points for an image with your product review
- Double points (500) if you are the first to review this product
- Double points (1000) if you are the first to review this product with an image
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for TNF-alpha Protein (NBP1-42899). (Showing 1 - 4 of 4 FAQ).
I need to know about TNF-alpha antibody kits for mice.
- We currently have two TNFalpha ELISA kits specific for mouse: catalog numbers KA0257 and NBP1-92670.
I would like to ask you for help. I need an antibody for Elisa to detect human TNF alpha in a supernatant from a cell culture (meaning supernatant after centrifugation of collected cell suspension from a plate well). Which of your antibodies against human tnf alpha would be suitable? I would like to buy only the primary antibody.
- I would recommend catalog number NBP1-67821 or NB600-587; however, a full list of our anti-human TNF alpha antibodies suitable for use in ELISA can be found using this link.
I am interested in a TNF alpha antibody, cross reactive for human, rat and mouse (host species: rabbit). Could your product NBP1-19532 be used in western blotting applications? Or do you have a similar product in your catalog which could fit with my request?
- The antibody you mention, NBP1-19532, has not yet been validated in Western blot. I would instead recommend either NBP1-67821 or NB600-587. These are both rabbit polyclonal antibodies that cross-reacts with human, mouse and rat and have been used in Western blotting.
Can your TNF-alpha products be used to treat TBI victims and therefore avoid the perispinal injections with Enbrel?
- I am very sorry, but all of our products are for scientific research use only, and none are intended or approved for use in humans.
Additional TNF-alpha Partial Recombinant Protein Products
Related Products by Gene
, TUMOR NECROSIS FACTOR ALPHA
Bioinformatics Tool for TNF-alpha Protein (NBP1-42899)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to TNF-alpha Protein (NBP1-42899). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on TNF-alpha.
cIAP2 - balancing cell death and cell survival
The inhibitor of apoptosis proteins (IAPs) are important regulators of cell death and inflammation. The cellular inhibitor of apoptosis protein 2 (cIAP2) contains three Baculovirus IAP repeat (BIR) domains, a Ubiquitin associated (UBA) domain, and... Read full blog post.
CD86 - I work in tandem with CD80
CD86 belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily of proteins that drive innate and adaptive immune responses. It is an 80kD co-stimulatory molecule for the priming and activation of naive and memory T-cells, respectively. CD86 is expressed on activated... Read full blog post.