Primate TNF-alpha ELISA Kit (Colorimetric) Summary
This antibody detects total TNF-alpha protein.
|Standard Curve Range
28.1 - 1,800 U/mL
ELISA Kit (Colorimetric)
This kit is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for quantitative detection.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Storage of components varies. See protocol for specific instructions.
- 1 vial (55 ul) Biotin-Conjugate anti-monkey TNFalpha total polyclonal antibody
- 1 vial monkey TNF-alpha total Standard protein lyophilized, 36000 U/ml upon reconstitution
- 1 vial (2.2 ml) monoclonal Coating Antibody to monkey TNF-alpha total (100 ug/ml)
- 1 vial (22 ul) Streptavidin-HRP
- 2 vials (50 ml) Sample Diluent
Alternate Names for Primate TNF-alpha ELISA Kit (Colorimetric)
- APC1 protein
- TNF, monocyte-derived
- TNFATNF, macrophage-derived
- TNFSF2TNF superfamily, member 2
- tumor necrosis factor (TNF superfamily, member 2)
- tumor necrosis factor alpha
- Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2
- tumor necrosis factor
- tumor necrosis factor-alpha
Tumor Necrosis Factor is a polypeptide cytokine produced by monocytes and macrophages. It functions as a multipotent modulator of immune response and further acts as a potent pyrogen. TNF-alpha circulates throughout the body responding to stimuli (infectious agents or tissue injury), activating neutrophils, altering the properties of vascular endothelial cells, regulating metabolic activities of other tissues, as well as exhibiting tumoricidal activity by inducing localized blood clotting. TNF-alpha also inhibits lipoprotein lipase activity resulting in cachexia, a physical wasting condition. Activation of B-cells by the Epstein Barr virus can be inhibited by TNF-alpha. Due to its varied actions throughout the immune system, TNF-alpha may play a role in the pathogenesis of many disease states. TNF-alpha production is mediated by the action of lymphokines and endotoxins on the macrophage. Purified monocytes produce TNF-alpha within four hours of stimulation by recombinant IL-2 and there is some in vitro evidence to suggest that TNF-alpha is expressed at high levels and with prolonged kinetics in T cells stimulated by both CD2 and CD28. Secretion of TNF-alpha is enhanced by gamma interferon. TNF then induces or enhances the specific production of Class I MHC antigen, GM-CSF, and IL-1.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. ELISA Kits are guaranteed
for 6 months from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC-P
Applications: WB, CyTOF-ready, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), ICC, ICFlow, Neut, ELISA(Sta)
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, CyTOF-ready, ICC
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Publications for TNF-alpha ELISA Kit (NBP1-94190) (0)
There are no publications for TNF-alpha ELISA Kit (NBP1-94190).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for TNF-alpha ELISA Kit (NBP1-94190) (0)
There are no reviews for TNF-alpha ELISA Kit (NBP1-94190).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for TNF-alpha ELISA Kit (NBP1-94190). (Showing 1 - 4 of 4 FAQ).
I need to know about TNF-alpha antibody kits for mice.
- We currently have two TNFalpha ELISA kits specific for mouse: catalog numbers KA0257 and NBP1-92670.
I would like to ask you for help. I need an antibody for Elisa to detect human TNF alpha in a supernatant from a cell culture (meaning supernatant after centrifugation of collected cell suspension from a plate well). Which of your antibodies against human tnf alpha would be suitable? I would like to buy only the primary antibody.
- I would recommend catalog number NBP1-67821 or NB600-587; however, a full list of our anti-human TNF alpha antibodies suitable for use in ELISA can be found using this link.
I am interested in a TNF alpha antibody, cross reactive for human, rat and mouse (host species: rabbit). Could your product NBP1-19532 be used in western blotting applications? Or do you have a similar product in your catalog which could fit with my request?
- The antibody you mention, NBP1-19532, has not yet been validated in Western blot. I would instead recommend either NBP1-67821 or NB600-587. These are both rabbit polyclonal antibodies that cross-reacts with human, mouse and rat and have been used in Western blotting.
Can your TNF-alpha products be used to treat TBI victims and therefore avoid the perispinal injections with Enbrel?
- I am very sorry, but all of our products are for scientific research use only, and none are intended or approved for use in humans.
Additional Array Products
Bioinformatics Tool for TNF-alpha ELISA Kit (NBP1-94190)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to TNF-alpha ELISA Kit (NBP1-94190). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on TNF-alpha.