SurA Recombinant Protein Summary
A recombinant protein with a His tag and corresponding to amino acids 21 - 428 of SURA.
Source: E. coli
Amino Acid Sequence: MGSSHHHHHH SSGLVPRGSH MAPQVVDKVA AVVNNGVVLE SDVDGLMQSV KLNAAQARQQ LPDDATLRHQ IMERLIMDQI ILQMGQKMGV KISDEQLDQA IANIAKQNNM TLDQMRSRLA YDGLNYNTYR NQIRKEMIIS EVRNNEVRRR ITILPQEVES LAQQVGNQND ASTELNLSHI LIPLPENPTS DQVNEAESQA RAIVDQARNG ADFGKLAIAH SADQQALNGG QMGWGRIQEL PGIFAQALST AKKGDIVGPI RSGVGFHILK VNDLRGESKN ISVTEVHARH ILLKPSPIMT DEQARVKLEQ IAADIKSGKT TFAAAAKEFS QDPGSANQGG DLGWATPDIF DPAFRDALTR LNKGQMSAPV HSSFGWHLIE LLDTRNVDKT DAAQKDRAYR MLMNRKFSEE AASWMQEQRA SAYVKILSN
|Details of Functionality
Specific activity is > 450 nmoles/min/mg, and is defined as the amount of enzyme that cleaves 1umole of suc-AAFP-pNA per minute at 25C in Tris-Hcl pH8.0 using chymotrypsin.
>95% pure by SDS-PAGE
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at -80C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
In 20 mM Tris-HCl Buffer (pH 8.0) containing 10% Glycerol
>95% pure by SDS-PAGE
The purity of this protein is > 95% by SDS-PAGE. Molecular weight is 47.3 kDa(429aa), confirmed by MALDI-TOF
1. Prepare 170ul assay buffer into a suitable container and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 200 mM Tris-Hcl, pH 8.0, and 20nM chymotrypsin.
2. Add 10ul of recombinant surA protein with 1ug in assay buffer.
3. Mix by inversion and equilibrate to 1C and monitor the A405nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
4. Add 20ul pre-chilled 5mM suc-AAFP-pNA. (Substrate was dissolved in TFE that contained 460mM LiCl to a concentration of 3 mM)
5. Record the increase in A405 nm for 30 minutes at 25C.
The His tag increases overall size to 429 residues.
This is an E. coli protein
Alternate Names for SurA Recombinant Protein
- PPIase surA
- Rotamase surA
- Survival protein A
SurA is a periplasmic peptidyl-prolyl isomerase (PPIase) and chaperone of Escherichia coli and other Gram-negative bacteria. This protein is a major factor in the biogenesis of beta-barrel outer membrane proteins (OMPs) and plays an integral role in cell envelope homeostasis and cell envelope functions. It is essential for the survival of E.coli in stationary phase and required for pilus biogenesis. Recombinant E.coli SurA protein, fused to His-tag at N-terminus, was expressed in E.coli and purified by using conventional chromatography.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Peptides and proteins are guaranteed
for 3 months from date of receipt.
Publications for SurA Protein (NBP1-46034) (0)
There are no publications for SurA Protein (NBP1-46034).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for SurA Protein (NBP1-46034) (0)
There are no reviews for SurA Protein (NBP1-46034).
By submitting a review earn points towards our Rewards Program.
- 250 points for product review
- 500 additional points for an image with your product review
- Double points (500) if you are the first to review this product
- Double points (1000) if you are the first to review this product with an image
FAQs for SurA Protein (NBP1-46034) (0)
Additional SurA Recombinant Protein Products
Bioinformatics Tool for SurA Protein (NBP1-46034)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to SurA Protein (NBP1-46034). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on SurA