SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid Antibody (ARC5077-02) - Azide and BSA Free Summary
HK293 derived SARS-COV-2 Nucleocapsid Ser2-Ala419 Accession #YP_009724397.2
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- ELISA Detection (Matched Antibody Pair) 0.05-0.2 ug/mL
ELISA Capture: SARS-COV-2 Nucleocapsid Protein (NBP3-05764)
No cross-reactivity in ELISA with MERS-CoV Nucleoprotein protein and HCoV-229E Nucleoprotein protein
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C short term. Aliquot and store at -70C long term. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
0.2 um filtered solution in PBS, pH 7.4.
0.1% Braveds MB-1
Alternate Names for SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid Antibody (ARC5077-02) - Azide and BSA Free
- 2019-nCoV N Protein
- 2019-nCoV Nucleocapsid Protein
- COVID-19 N protein
- COVID-19 nucleocapsid protein
- Human coronavirus Nucleoprotein
- nucleocapsid phosphoprotein
- Nucleocapsid protein
- ORF9; structural protein
- SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid protein
- SARS-CoV-2 N protein
- SARSCoV2 Nucleoprotein
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Nucleocapsid Protein
The SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid protein is one of the four major structural proteins of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2), the causative agent of COVID-19 (1,2). The nucleocapsid protein is an RNA-binding protein that is essential for viral assembly into a ribonucleoprotein complex and also functions in viral budding (2,3). More specifically, after viral replication and RNA synthesis, the viral genomes that are encapsulated by the nucleocapsid protein will bud into the membrane and help with mature virus formation (2). The nucleocapsid protein is synthesized as 419 amino acids (aa) in length with a theoretical molecular weight of 45.6 kDa (4). Structurally, the nucleocapsid protein contains an RNA-binding domain (N1b), a dimerization domain (N2b), and a few shorter regions (N1a, N2a, and spacer B/N3) (3). It is the N1b domain that is suggested to be involved in RNA binding (3). The nucleocapsid N1b domain contains a beta-hairpin, a loop region, and a beta-sheet core, giving it a right-handed shape (3). Conversely, the N2b domain functions in dimerization which promotes assembly into a helical filament where the dimer interface is made of two beta-strands and an alpha-helix portion (3). Inhibition of nucleocapsid assembly may be a potential target for treating COVID-19 infection.
Following SARS-CoV-2 infection, B cells and T cells display an immune response against nucleocapsid protein and nucleocapsid-specific neutralizing antibodies are produced (5). Interestingly, a study of patients who have recovered from COVID-19 revealed that there were no neutralizing antibodies against nucleocapsid protein present; however, a high presence against neutralizing spike RBD antibodies were detected (5).
1. Pillay T. S. (2020). Gene of the month: the 2019-nCoV/SARS-CoV-2 novel coronavirus spike protein. Journal of Clinical Pathology. https://doi.org/10.1136/jclinpath-2020-206658
2. Malik Y. A. (2020). Properties of Coronavirus and SARS-CoV-2. The Malaysian Journal of Pathology.
3. Zhu, G., Zhu, C., Zhu, Y., & Sun, F. (2020). Minireview of progress in the structural study of SARS-CoV-2 proteins. Current Research in Microbial Sciences. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crmicr.2020.06.003
4. Uniprot (P0DTC9)
5. Shah, V. K., Firmal, P., Alam, A., Ganguly, D., & Chattopadhyay, S. (2020). Overview of Immune Response During SARS-CoV-2 Infection: Lessons From the Past. Frontiers in Immunology. https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2020.01949
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Publications for SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid Antibody (NBP3-05765) (0)
There are no publications for SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid Antibody (NBP3-05765).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid Antibody (NBP3-05765) (0)
There are no reviews for SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid Antibody (NBP3-05765).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid Antibody (NBP3-05765) (0)
Additional SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid Products
Bioinformatics Tool for SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid Antibody (NBP3-05765)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid Antibody (NBP3-05765). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid