RXR alpha/NR2B1 [p Ser61] Antibody Summary
RXR alpha [Ser61]
Immunogen affinity purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence 1:10-1:2000
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Immunofluorescence staining. For immunofluorescence microscopy, suggested working dilution(s): Use a dilution range of 1:100~1:400. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Aliquot and store at -20C or -80C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
PBS (pH 7.2)
Immunogen affinity purified
Alternate Names for RXR alpha/NR2B1 [p Ser61] Antibody
- Nuclear receptor subfamily 2 group B member 1
- retinoic acid receptor RXR-alpha
- Retinoid X receptor alpha
- retinoid X receptor, alpha
- RXR alpha
RXR alpha (Retinoic acid receptor RXR alpha) is a 51KD member of the nuclear hormone receptor family, NR2 subfamily. This nuclear protein contains three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain, a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal steroid-binding domain. The expression of RXR alpha is modulated differently during the activation of cell cycling. There are three retinoic acid receptors (RXR), RXR alpha, RXR, and RXR gamma encoded by the RXRA, RXRB, RXRG genes respectively. RXRs play an important role as promiscuous heterodimerization partners in modulating the activities of a number of nuclear receptors, which include RAR, thyroid hormone receptor, vitamin D receptor, peroxisome proliferator activated receptors, and COUP-TF. The poly6329 antibody recognizes human phosphorylated RXR alpha(Ser61) and has been shown to be useful for immunoflorence staining.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, IHC, IP
Applications: WB, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, IHC-Fr
Applications: WB, IP, DirELISA
Species: Hu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC, IP, DirELISA
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Rb
Applications: WB, ChIP, Flow, GS, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ch, Dr, Sh
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IF
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ge
Applications: WB, ELISA, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Mk
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, GP, Rb, Sh, Ye
Applications: WB, ChIP, B/N, Flow, GS, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, IHC
Publications for RXR alpha/NR2B1 Antibody (NB100-78537) (0)
There are no publications for RXR alpha/NR2B1 Antibody (NB100-78537).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for RXR alpha/NR2B1 Antibody (NB100-78537) (0)
There are no reviews for RXR alpha/NR2B1 Antibody (NB100-78537).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for RXR alpha/NR2B1 Antibody (NB100-78537). (Showing 1 - 2 of 2 FAQ).
Can this antibody also be used for detection of chick RXR alpha (pSer61)?
- We have not performed in house testing on chicken cells, but UniProt shows a high level of homology between human and chicken Retinoid X Receptor alpha, so there is a chance it can cross-react.
Is the phosphorylation of Ser61 of the Retinoid X Receptor alpha an indication of its transciptional active state?
- It would seem that phosphorylation of Ser61 of Retinoid X Receptor alpha is indicative of an active transcription state, as seen in the reference below: "Recently, it has been found that three additional residues (Ser61, Ser75 and Thr87) located in the same N-terminal domain can be also phosphorylated in response to retinoids (Gianni et al., 2003) and that this phosphorylation modulates the synergy between both heterodimeric partners for maximal transcriptional activity, very likely through helping the recruitment of coregulators." Here is a link to that reference.
Additional RXR alpha/NR2B1 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for RXR alpha/NR2B1 Antibody (NB100-78537)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to RXR alpha/NR2B1 Antibody (NB100-78537). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on RXR alpha/NR2B1