RANK/TNFRSF11A Antibody (9A725) Summary
A fusion protein containing amino acid residues 326-616 of human RANK was used as immunogen. This antibody recognizes an epitope located between amino acid residues 330-427 of human RANK (NP_003830).
In RAW cells, a 97 kDa is observed.
Protein G purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1-2 ug/ml
- Flow Cytometry 2-4 ug/ml
- Immunohistochemistry 1:10-1:500
- Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 1:10-1:500
- Flow (Cell Surface)
Bharti et al (2004) and Reigel et al (2012) both published the RANK antibody clone 9A725 for Flow (Cell Surface). However, the epitope range recognized by this antibody is a potential cytoplasmic region as defined by www.uniprot.org. Hence, researchers are encouraged to refer to both the publication and the bioinformatics data bases for additional information in order to make their own determination regarding the suitability of the antibody for cell surface flow cytometry. Use in Flow cell surface reported in scientific literature (PMID 24376119)
|Read Publications using
NB100-56508 in the following applications:
Cross reacts with Human and Mouse. Rat reactivity reported in scientific literature (PMID: 24376119). Not yet tested in other species.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C short term. Aliquot and store at -20C long term. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
0.05% Sodium Azide
Protein G purified
Alternate Names for RANK/TNFRSF11A Antibody (9A725)
- CD265 antigen
- loss of heterozygosity, 18, chromosomal region 1
- Osteoclast differentiation factor receptor
- Receptor activator of NF-KB
- receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappa B
- TRANCE R
- tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 11A
- tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 11a, activator of NFKB
- tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 11a, NFKB activator
Apoptosis, or programmed cell death, occurs during normal cellular differentiation and development of multicellular organisms. Apoptosis is induced by certain cytokines including TNF and Fas ligand of the TNF family through their death domain containing receptors, TNFR1 and Fas. Receptor activator of NF-kB (RANK) is a recently cloned member of the TNFR superfamily with no significant homology to other members of this family. RANK ligand (RANKL/TRANCE/ OPGL) binds to RANK on dendritic cells, upregulates the expression of anti-apoptotic protein BcL-XL suggesting a role in dendritic cell survival. The cytoplasmic domain of RANK interacts with TRAF2, TRAF5 and TRAF6. Overexpression of RANK activates NF-kB and c-Jun-terminal kinase (JNK) pathways. Recent studies have shown that RANK interaction with TRAF6 activates NF-kB, whereas JNK activation is mediated through binding of RANK to TRAF2.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: Flow, IHC, IHC-P, PAGE, IF
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ELISA
Applications: IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Ch, Rb
Applications: WB, IHC, IP
Species: Hu, Rt
Applications: IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICC, ICFlow
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Pm
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for RANK/TNFRSF11A Antibody (NB100-56508). (Showing 1 - 3 of 3 FAQs).
Will I be able to use your stain for histological detection of RANK in bone sections for rat?
- This antibody has been validated in IHC in paraffin-embedded tissues and is suitable for use on mouse and human samples. The rat RANK is 91% similar to mouse RANK, so this antibody is predicted to cross-react.
Would you be able to confirm that Raw 264.7 cells were used in the flow cytometry validation of NB100-56508 - RANK/TNFRSF11A Antibody (9A725)?
- Yes the cells used were Raw 264.7 cells.
My lab has purchased RANK (clone 9A725) for IHC optimization in breast TMA sections. Can you recommend appropriate positive and negative control tissues?
- Human Protein Atlas: http://www.proteinatlas.org/ENSG00000141655-TNFRSF11A/tissue. I see that brain Cerebral cortex/Hippocampus/Lateral ventricle/Cerebellum all have very good expression. Moderate high expression will be Fallopian tube/Stomach/Duodenum/Small intestine. Moderate low expression that compares to breast will be Cervix/ uterine/Endometrium. Negative expression will be Ovary/Oral mucosa/Salivary gland/Esophagus. Please check the website for other choices.
Other Available Formats
Additional Array Products
Bioinformatics Tool for RANK/TNFRSF11A Antibody (NB100-56508)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to RANK/TNFRSF11A Antibody (NB100-56508). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on RANK/TNFRSF11A