MMP-9 Antibody Summary
NB100-65824 is specific for Matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) and does not react with MMP-1, -2, -3 or fibronectin. MMP-9 is secreted as a latent 92kD form which is processed to an active 83kD form which shows substrate specificity towards type IV and V collagens, gelatin and elastin.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1:100-1:2000
- Immunohistochemistry 1:10-1:500
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C short term. Aliquot and store at -20C long term. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
PBS (pH 7.2)
0.09% Sodium Azide
Alternate Names for MMP-9 Antibody
- 92 kDa gelatinase
- 92 kDa type IV collagenase
- EC 3.4.24
- EC 22.214.171.124
- Gelatinase B
- macrophage gelatinase
- matrix metallopeptidase 9
- matrix metalloproteinase 9
- matrix metalloproteinase-9
- type V collagenase
The matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) are a family of at least eighteen secreted and membrane bound zincendopeptidases. Collectively, these enzymes can degrade all the components of the extracellular matrix, including fibrillar and non fibrillar collagens, fibronectin, laminin and basement membrane glycoproteins. In general, a signal peptide, a propeptide, and a catalytic domain containing the highly conserved zinc binding site characterizes the structure of the MMPs. In addition, fibronectin like repeats, a hinge region, and a C terminal hemopexin like domain allow categorization of MMPs into the collagenase, gelatinase, stomelysin and membrane type MMP subfamilies. All MMPs are synthesized as proenzymes, and most of them are secreted from the cells as proenzymes. Thus, the activation of these proenzymes is a critical step that leads to extracellular matrix breakdown. MMPs are considered to play an important role in wound healing, apoptosis, bone elongation, embryo development, uterine involution, angiogenesis and tissue remodeling, and in diseases such as multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's, malignant gliomas, lupus, arthritis, periodontis, glumerulonephritis, atherosclerosis, tissue ulceration, and in cancer cell invasion and metastasis.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ch, Eq
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Pm
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Mk
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ca, Ch, Xp
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IP, CyTOF-ready
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Pm
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Publications for MMP-9 Antibody (NB100-65824) (0)
There are no publications for MMP-9 Antibody (NB100-65824).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for MMP-9 Antibody (NB100-65824) (0)
There are no reviews for MMP-9 Antibody (NB100-65824).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for MMP-9 Antibody (NB100-65824). (Showing 1 - 1 of 1 FAQ).
I’m looking for a pair of antibodies to MMP-9 that can be used in a sandwich assay. Do you carry any?
- We have 10 primary antibodies for MMP-9 that have been tested in ELISA.https://www.novusbio.com/search?keywords=MMP-9&category=Primary%20Antibodies&applications=ELISA&common_name=MMP-9It looks like 2 have been tested for capture (please note the tested species for each of these).https://www.novusbio.com/search?keywords=MMP-9&category=Primary%20Antibodies&common_name=MMP-9&applications=ELISA%20Capture%20(Matched%20Antibody%20Pair)1 has been tested for detection.https://www.novusbio.com/search?keywords=MMP-9&category=Primary%20Antibodies&common_name=MMP-9&applications=ELISA%20Detection%20(Matched%20Antibody%20Pair)
Positive Control Lysate(s)
Additional MMP-9 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for MMP-9 Antibody (NB100-65824)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to MMP-9 Antibody (NB100-65824). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on MMP-9.