MMP-9 Antibody (IIA5) Summary
Human native MMP-9. MW of Antigen: Pro form: 92kD Active form: -86kD. Cellular Localization: Cytoplasmic.
Recognizes pro (latent) and activated forms of matrix metalloproteinase 9. Species cross-reactivity: human and rat.
Protein G purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1-2 ug/ml
- ELISA 1:100-1:2000
- Immunohistochemistry 1:10-1:500
- Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 1:50
- Immunoprecipitation 1:10-1:500
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C short term. Aliquot and store at -20C long term. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
PBS (pH 7.4) and 0.2% BSA
0.09% Sodium Azide
Protein G purified
Alternate Names for MMP-9 Antibody (IIA5)
- 92 kDa gelatinase
- 92 kDa type IV collagenase
- EC 3.4.24
- EC 126.96.36.199
- Gelatinase B
- macrophage gelatinase
- matrix metallopeptidase 9
- matrix metalloproteinase 9
- matrix metalloproteinase-9
- type V collagenase
Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) are zinc-dependent endopeptidases that degrade substances within the extracellular matrix. The MMP family includes six different groups of enzymes: collagenases, gelatinases, stromelysins, transmembrane MMPs, matrilysins and others. MMPs are secreted as proenzymes that have to be cleaved in order to be activated. Other MMPs, plasmins as well as other factors activate MMPs. MMPs are thought to play an important role in tissue remodeling associated with various physiological and pathological processes. MMP9 degrades of proteins in the extracellular matrix and activates growth factors like proTGF beta and proTNF alpha. MMP9 contributes to the invasion and metastasis of various human malignancies. Clone F37P4A3 has been shown to be useful for western blotting, immunoflorence staining and immunohistochemistry of human, rabbit, dog, and pig acetylated MMP9.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ch, GP
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Pm
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Mk
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ca, Ch, Xp
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IP, CyTOF-ready
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Eq
Applications: WB, ICC/IF
Publications for MMP-9 Antibody (NBP1-40248) (0)
There are no publications for MMP-9 Antibody (NBP1-40248).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for MMP-9 Antibody (NBP1-40248) (0)
There are no reviews for MMP-9 Antibody (NBP1-40248).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for MMP-9 Antibody (NBP1-40248). (Showing 1 - 1 of 1 FAQ).
Would it be possible for you to send me your validation data on MMP9 Antibody IIA5 NBP1-40248? I am considering using it in my research project on colorectal cancer liver metastases.
- Our MMP9 Antibody IIA5 NBP1-40248 was validated in Western blot through external validation, and unfortunately, I do not have an images to share at the moment. NBP2-13173 is another very similar monoclonal antibody validated in human and rat for use in Western blot. We do have images from in-house testing for this product (please see the datasheet for NBP2-13173, under the images tab), so you may be more comfortable ordering this antibody for this target.
Additional MMP-9 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for MMP-9 Antibody (NBP1-40248)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to MMP-9 Antibody (NBP1-40248). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on MMP-9.