IL-6 Antibody (6D9A1) Summary
Purified recombinant fragment of human IL-6 expressed in E. Coli.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C short term. Aliquot and store at -20C long term. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
0.03% Sodium Azide
- Western Blot 1: 500 - 1:2000
- ELISA 1:10000
Alternate Names for IL-6 Antibody (6D9A1)
- B cell stimulatory factor-2
- B-cell differentiation factor
- BSF2CTL differentiation factor
- HGFHSFIFNB2Hybridoma growth factor
- IFN-beta 2
- IL-6B-cell stimulatory factor 2
- Interferon beta-2
- interleukin 6 (interferon, beta 2)
- interleukin BSF-2
IL-6 is a secreted cytokine with a wide variety of biological functions. It is a potent inducer of the acute phase response and plays an essential role in the final differentiation of B-cells into Ig-secreting cells Involved in lymphocyte and monocyte differentiation. IL-6 induces myeloma and plasmacytoma growth and induces nerve cells differentiation and acts on B-cells, T-cells, hepatocytes, hematopoeitic progenitor cells and cells of the CNS. IL-6 also acts as a myokine. It is discharged into the bloodstream after muscle contraction and acts to increase the breakdown of fats and to improve insulin resistance.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Applications: WB, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), ICC, ICFlow, Neut, ELISA(Sta)
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, IP, ICC, ICFlow
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ca, Ch, Xp
Applications: Flow, ICC
Applications: WB, ELISA
Publications for IL-6 Antibody (NBP1-47355) (0)
There are no publications for IL-6 Antibody (NBP1-47355).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for IL-6 Antibody (NBP1-47355) (0)
There are no reviews for IL-6 Antibody (NBP1-47355).
By submitting a review earn points towards our Rewards Program.
- 250 points for product review
- 500 additional points for an image with your product review
- Double points (500) if you are the first to review this product
- Double points (1000) if you are the first to review this product with an image
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for IL-6 Antibody (NBP1-47355). (Showing 1 - 1 of 1 FAQ).
I was wondering if you know of any blocking antibodies against IL-6 or VEGF-C that can be used in cell culture to quench these cytokines?
- We have no antibodies that are currently known to show blocking antibodies to VEGF-C. Please see this link to our IL-6 antibodies with blocking/neutralizing activity can be found at this link.
Additional IL-6 Antibody (6D9A1) Products
Related Products by Gene
, INTERLEUKIN 6
, TUMOR NECROSIS FACTOR ALPHA
Bioinformatics Tool for IL-6 Antibody (NBP1-47355)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to IL-6 Antibody (NBP1-47355). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on IL-6.