GM-CSF R alpha Antibody (698423) [Phycoerythrin] Summary
Mouse myeloma cell line NS0-derived recombinant mouse GM-CSF R alpha
Accession # Q00941
Detects mouse GM-CSF R alpha in direct ELISAs. In direct ELISAs, no cross-reactivity with recombinant human (rh) GM-CSF R alpha or rhGM‑CSF R beta is observed.
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Flow Cytometry 10 uL/10^6 cells
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
|Protect from light. Do not freeze.
- 12 months from date of receipt, 2 to 8 °C as supplied.
Supplied in a saline solution containing BSA and Sodium Azide.
This product is produced by and ships from R&D Systems, Inc., a Bio-Techne brand.
Alternate Names for GM-CSF R alpha Antibody (698423) [Phycoerythrin]
- CD116 antigen
- colony stimulating factor 2 receptor alpha subunit
- colony stimulating factor 2 receptor, alpha, low-affinity(granulocyte-macrophage)
- GM-CSF R alpha
- GM-CSF receptor alpha subunit
- GMCSFR alpha
- granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor alpha chain
- granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor subunit alpha
Granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor receptor alpha (GM-CSF R alpha ), also known as CD116, is a component of the receptor complex that mediates cellular responses to GM-CSF. GM-CSF promotes the differentiation and mobilization of granulocyte-macrophage, erythroid, megakaryocyte, and eosinophil progenitors. It enhances the activation of myeloid cell effector functions and plays a role in the development of Th1 biased immune responses, allergic inflammation, and autoimmunity (1-4). Mature mouse GM-CSF R alpha is an 80 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that consists of a 298 amino acid (aa) extracellular domain (ECD) with two fibronectin type III domains and a juxtamembrane WSXWS motif, a 21 aa transmembrane segment, and a 40 aa cytoplasmic domain (5). Within the ECD, mouse GM-CSF R alpha shares approximately 33% and 58% aa sequence identity with human and rat GM-CSF R alpha, respectively. Soluble forms of the human receptor retain the ability to bind GM-CSF (6, 7). GM-CSF R alpha is expressed on hematopoietic stem cells, progenitor and differentiated cells in the myeloid lineage, vascular endothelial cells, placenta, and non‑hematopoietic solid tumor cells (8). GM-CSF R alpha associates with the common beta chain/CD131 ( beta c), a 135 kDa transmembrane protein that is also the signal transducing component of the receptors for IL-3 and IL-5 (9, 10). Association with beta c converts GM-CSF R alpha from a low affinity to a high affinity receptor for GM-CSF (9-11). The shared usage of beta c underlies the synergism between GM-CSF, IL-3, and IL-5 in their effects on myeloid cell differentiation and activation (1, 2).
- Martinez-Moczygemba, M. and D.P. Huston (2003) J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 112:653.
- Fleetwood, A.J. et al. (2005) Crit. Rev. Immunol. 25:405.
- Eksioglu, E.A. et al. (2007) Exp. Hematol. 35:1163.
- Cao, Y. (2007) J. Clin. Invest. 117:2362.
- Park, L.S. et al. (1992) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 89:4295.
- Pelley, J.L. et al. (2007) Exp. Hematol. 35:1483.
- Raines, M.A. et al. (1991) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 88:8203.
- Chiba, S. et al. (1990) Cell Regul. 1:327.
- Kitamura, T. et al. (1991) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 88:5082.
- Hayashida, K. et al. (1990) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 87:9655.
- Hoang, T. et al. (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268:11881.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Ca
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready
Species: Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-P, PLA
Publications for GM-CSF R alpha Antibody (FAB6130P) (0)
There are no publications for GM-CSF R alpha Antibody (FAB6130P).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for GM-CSF R alpha Antibody (FAB6130P) (0)
There are no reviews for GM-CSF R alpha Antibody (FAB6130P).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for GM-CSF R alpha Antibody (FAB6130P) (0)
Other Available Formats
Additional Array Products
Bioinformatics Tool for GM-CSF R alpha Antibody (FAB6130P)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to GM-CSF R alpha Antibody (FAB6130P). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
PTMs for GM-CSF R alpha Antibody (FAB6130P)
Learn more about PTMs related to GM-CSF R alpha Antibody (FAB6130P).
Blogs on GM-CSF R alpha