FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (2H11) Summary
Recombinant fragment expressed in E.coli corresponding to amino acids 10--155 of human bFGF
This antibody is specific for Homo sapiens fibroblast growth factor 2 (basic) (FGF2).
Immunogen affinity purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1:5000-10000
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C short term. Aliquot and store at -20C long term. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
PBS (pH 7.3), 1.0% BSA and 50% Glycerol
0.02% Sodium Azide
Immunogen affinity purified
Alternate Names for FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (2H11)
- basic fibroblast growth factor bFGF
- Basic fibroblast growth factor
- FGF basic
- fibroblast growth factor 2 (basic)
- heparin-binding growth factor 2
BFGF is a member of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family. FGF family members bind heparin and possess broad mitogenic and angiogenic activities. This protein has been implicated in diverse biological processes, such as limb and nervous system development, wound healing, and tumor growth. The mRNA for this gene contains multiple polyadenylation sites, and is alternatively translated from non-AUG (CUG) and AUG initiation codons, resulting in five different isoforms with distinct properties. The CUG-initiated isoforms are localized in the nucleus and are responsible for the intracrine effect, whereas, the AUG-initiated form is mostly cytosolic and is responsible for the paracrine and autocrine effects of this FGF.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, Flow, IP, CyTOF-ready
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Mk
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Eq
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ca, Ch, Fe, GP, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Simple Western, Flow, IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICC
Publications for FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (NBP1-47750) (0)
There are no publications for FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (NBP1-47750).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (NBP1-47750) (0)
There are no reviews for FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (NBP1-47750).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (NBP1-47750). (Showing 1 - 1 of 1 FAQ).
I am looking for an ovine antibody for bFGF and PDGF-AB and ELISA Kits for both. It is for a research work on meniscus healing in sheep. Do you have anything suitable? How is the homology with sheep? Is it ever tested and/or published in papers?
- Unfortunately, most of the products you are interested in have not yet been tested in sheep, but this should not be a problem, due to sequence homology, and our Innovators Reward Program. In terms of an antibody for bFGF, also called FGF-2, we have two antibodies that are validated to detect the bovine protein, which is almost identical to that from sheep (99% homology). Here is a link to those FGF-2 antibodies. We only have FGF2 ELISA kits that have been tested with human or mouse. Mouse FGF-2 has 94% homology with sheep; human has 98% homology for most of its sequence, but also has an additional stretch of amino acids that is not present in the sheep protein. I therefore think that the mouse kit would be most suitable, just in case the human kit targets the region of the human protein not present in mouse. We sell antibodies to PDGF-A or PDGF-B rather than PDGF-AB. We don't have any PDGF-A antibodies that have been tested in sheep but there are several options you may find of interest. There isn't a sheep PDGFA sequence in UniProt, so I can't comment on how similar it is to the PDGFA from other species. Nevertheless, our NBP1-52533 PDGFB antibody has been shown to work in sheep. We sell two PDGF-AB ELISA kits, but these are for human and rat. I'm not sure how well these would work with sheep. Note that if you test a product with a species (or application) that it has not yet been validated in, you are eligible for our Innovator's Reward: Novus would provide you a 50% refund on the purchased product as well as a 50% discount on a future product of equal or lesser value. You would email email@example.com to apply for your award, and we
Additional FGF basic/FGF2 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (NBP1-47750)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to FGF basic/FGF2 Antibody (NBP1-47750). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on FGF basic/FGF2