DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag Antibody [HRP] Summary
This antibody was purified from whole rabbit serum prepared by repeated immunizations with the Enterokinase Cleavage Site (ECS) peptide DYKDDDDK (Asp-Tyr-Lys-Asp-Asp-Asp-Asp-Lys) conjugated to KLH using maleimide. Residues of glycine and cysteine were ad
Each kit contains one unit of the following products: (100 ug)Anti-6X HIS EPITOPE TAG (RABBIT) Antibody (250 ug) Antibody for the detection of FLAG conjugated proteins (RABBIT) Antibody (100 ug)
Immunogen affinity purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1:2000-1:5000
- ELISA 1:20000
- Immunohistochemistry 1:500-1:2000
- Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 1:10-1:500
This antibody is optimally suited for monitoring the expression of FLAG tagged fusion proteins. As such, this antibody can be used - identify fusion proteins containing the FLAG epitope. The antibody recognizes the epitope tag fused - the amino- and carboxy- termini of targeted proteins. This antibody has been tested by ELISA and western blotting against both the immunizing peptide and FLAG containing recombinant proteins. Although not tested, this antibody is likely functional for immunoprecipitation and immunocytochemistry, and other immunodetection techniques. The epitope tag peptide sequence was first derived from the 11-amino-acid leader peptide of the gene-10 product from bacteriophage T7. Now the most commonly used hydrophilic octapeptide is DYKDDDDK.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C short term. Aliquot and store at -20C long term. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
0.02 M Potassium Phosphate, 0.15 M Sodium Chloride, pH 7.2, 10 mg/mL Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) - Immunoglobulin and Protease free
0.01% Gentamicin Sulfate
Immunogen affinity purified
Reconstitute with 0.1 ml deionized water to a final concentration of 1.0 mg/ml.
Stabilizer: 10 mg/ml Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA)-Immunoglobulin and Protease free
Color: Substrate dependent
Conjugation Chemistry: Periodate
Alternate Names for DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag Antibody [HRP]
- DDDDK epitope tag
- DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag
- DYKDDDDK tag
- ECS epitope tag
- ECS tag
- Enterokinase Cleavage Site epitope tag
- Enterokinase Cleavage Site tag
- epitope tag flag
- FLAG (FLAG is a trademark of Sigma Aldrich)
- FLAG Tag
- Ty 1 Tag
- xxxDDDDK epitope tag
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Publications for DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag Antibody (NBP1-97402) (0)
There are no publications for DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag Antibody (NBP1-97402).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag Antibody (NBP1-97402) (0)
There are no reviews for DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag Antibody (NBP1-97402).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag Antibody (NBP1-97402). (Showing 1 - 7 of 7 FAQ).
Are the FLAG Tag antibodies validated in Simple Western?
- Yes, we offer a 2 FLAG Tag antibodies that have been tested in Simple Western: NB600-345 and NBP1-71705.
Does FLAG Tag antibodies comes in lyophilized form?
- The following FLAG Tag antibodies come in lyophilized form: NBP1-97401, NBP1-97399, NBP1-97400, NBP1-97402.
What the theoretical molecular weight for FLAG Tag antibodies?
- The TMW of FLAG Tag antibodies is approximately 150 kDa.
Will FLAG Tag antibodies detect internal FLAG tags? My FLAG sequence is sandwiched between two other protein sequences.
- If you are applying your sample(s) to SDS-PAGE, under reducing condition and follow by Western Blot, DYKDDDDK epitope tag antibodies should be able to detect the tag region located internally. However, it depends on the property of your chimeric protein and if your tag is in the hydrophobic or hydrophilic region. Although DYKDDDDK is very hydrophilic, it may not be exposed to the surface if embedded deeply inside the protein with a high content of hydrophobic amino acids with or without covalently-linked modifications such as lipid moieties.
Will FLAG Tag antibodies recognizes FLAG at the C-terminal end?
- Yes, FLAG Tag antibodies can recognize FLAG-tag at both the N- or C-terminal.
Hello. We are planning to promote DYKDDDDK Antibodies in our February 2013 newsletter. Thus, we would like to check toxicity of a few products. Could you let us know whether these are lyophilized form?
- NBP1-97402 does not come in lyophilized form.
Does this FLAG Tag antibody come in lyophilized form?
- Yes, we carry this FLAG Tag antibody in lyophilized format.