DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag Antibody (4C5) Summary
Anti-DDK monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing mice with a synthetic peptide (DYKDDDDK) coupled to KLH.
The anti-DDK (also known as Flag (R) ) antibody recognizes over expressed recombinant proteins containing the DDK epitope tag (DYKDDDDK) fused to either the amino- or carboxy-termini of targeted proteins in transfected mammalian cells or other expression systems.
Protein A or G purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot 1:2000
- Simple Western 1:250
- Flow Cytometry 1:1000
- Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence 1:1000
- Immunoprecipitation 1:200
Only recognizes n-terminal form in Simple Western.
In Simple Western only 10 - 15 uL of the recommended dilution is used per data point. Separated by Size-Wes, Sally Sue/Peggy Sue.
DDK epitope tag (DYKDDDDK)
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C short term. Aliquot and store at -20C long term. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
PBS (pH 7.3), 1.0% BSA and 50% Glycerol
0.02% Sodium Azide
Protein A or G purified
Alternate Names for DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag Antibody (4C5)
- DDDDK epitope tag
- DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag
- DYKDDDDK tag
- ECS epitope tag
- ECS tag
- Enterokinase Cleavage Site epitope tag
- Enterokinase Cleavage Site tag
- epitope tag flag
- FLAG (FLAG is a trademark of Sigma Aldrich)
- FLAG Tag
- Ty 1 Tag
- xxxDDDDK epitope tag
This is a useful tool for the localisation and characterisation of DDDDK tagged proteins. The ECS epitope tag is commonly engineered onto the N- or C- terminus of a protein of interest so that the tagged protein can be analyzed and visualized using immunochemical methods. The recognized ECS epitope represents the enterokinase cleavage site DDDDK.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Publications for DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag Antibody (NBP1-71705) (0)
There are no publications for DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag Antibody (NBP1-71705).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag Antibody (NBP1-71705) (0)
There are no reviews for DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag Antibody (NBP1-71705).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for DYKDDDDK Epitope Tag Antibody (NBP1-71705). (Showing 1 - 6 of 6 FAQ).
Are the FLAG Tag antibodies validated in Simple Western?
- Yes, we offer a 2 FLAG Tag antibodies that have been tested in Simple Western: NB600-345 and NBP1-71705.
Does FLAG Tag antibodies comes in lyophilized form?
- The following FLAG Tag antibodies come in lyophilized form: NBP1-97401, NBP1-97399, NBP1-97400, NBP1-97402.
What the theoretical molecular weight for FLAG Tag antibodies?
- The TMW of FLAG Tag antibodies is approximately 150 kDa.
Will FLAG Tag antibodies detect internal FLAG tags? My FLAG sequence is sandwiched between two other protein sequences.
- If you are applying your sample(s) to SDS-PAGE, under reducing condition and follow by Western Blot, DYKDDDDK epitope tag antibodies should be able to detect the tag region located internally. However, it depends on the property of your chimeric protein and if your tag is in the hydrophobic or hydrophilic region. Although DYKDDDDK is very hydrophilic, it may not be exposed to the surface if embedded deeply inside the protein with a high content of hydrophobic amino acids with or without covalently-linked modifications such as lipid moieties.
Will FLAG Tag antibodies recognizes FLAG at the C-terminal end?
- Yes, FLAG Tag antibodies can recognize FLAG-tag at both the N- or C-terminal.
What is the immunogen sequence of this FLAG Tag antibody?
- A synthetic sequence (Asp-Tyr-Lys-Asp-Asp-Asp-Asp-Lys) coupled to KLH.