Collagen I alpha 1 Native Protein Summary
Native COL1A1 protein.
Source: Human Placenta/i>
(Accession #: P02452)
Human Collagen type I has been prepared from human placenta and is chromatographically and immunologically pure. This product is free from other collagens, human serum proteins and non-collagen extracellular matrix proteins. Human Collagen type I reacts with anti-Collagen Type I. Reaction of Human Collagen type I with Rockland's anti-Collagen II, III, IV, V or VI is negligible (typically less than 1% cross-reactivity was detected by ELISA)
| Protein/Peptide Type
- Western Blot 1:1000
- ELISA 1:10000
- Immunohistochemistry 1:100 - 1:500
Collagen type I is recognized by type specific anti-collagen antibodies that recognize a native three-dimensional structure.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C. Do not freeze.
0.5 M Sodium Acetate, pH 4.5
0.01% Sodium Azide
Alternate Names for Collagen I alpha 1 Native Protein
- Alpha-1 type I collagen
- Collagen 1 alpha 1
- Collagen 1
- collagen alpha 1 chain type I
- collagen alpha-1(I) chain
- Collagen I alpha 1
- collagen of skin, tendon and bone, alpha-1 chain
- collagen, type I, alpha 1
- pro-alpha-1 collagen type 1
Collagen type I is the fibrillar collagen found in most connective tissues, including cartilage. Collagen type I is a protein that strengthens and supports many tissues in the body, including cartilage, bone, tendon, skin and the white part of the eye (sclera).
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Peptides and proteins are guaranteed
for 3 months from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ma
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Rt
Applications: IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICC, ICFlow
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ch, Rb
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IF
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P, IP, PLA
Applications: WB, IHC
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Fi
Applications: ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, MiAr
Species: Hu, Po, Ca, Rt(-)
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), Neut, ELISA(Sta)
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ca
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, ELISA, IHC
Publications for Collagen I alpha 1 Native Protein (NBP1-97266) (0)
There are no publications for Collagen I alpha 1 Native Protein (NBP1-97266).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for Collagen I alpha 1 Native Protein (NBP1-97266) (0)
There are no reviews for Collagen I alpha 1 Native Protein (NBP1-97266).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for Collagen I alpha 1 Native Protein (NBP1-97266). (Showing 1 - 8 of 8 FAQ).
We are looking for an anti-Collagen antibody for Flow Cytometry (FACS) analysis in Swine sample. Would you please provide some references if there is any available as well?
- We currently have one antibody for porcine Collagen validated in flow cytometry (catalog # NBP1-94202).
I am looking for anti collagen 1 antibody, I see your product calls it collagen I alpha 1 is there a difference?
- Collagen I alpha 1 is the most common protein for the collagen 1 protein. There are other subunits as well (such as collagen 1 alpha 2…etc.).
Can this collagen 1 alpha 1 antibody be conjugated?
- Unfortunately we do not offer this particular collagen 1 alpha 1 antibody in a directly conjugated form; however you may want to consider one of our other collagen I alpha 1 antibodies such as NBP1-77458 that is offered in several conjugated forms.
What is the epitope for this collagen I alpha 1 antibody? I need to make sure that there won’t be cross reactivity with other collagens.
- This collagen I alpha 1 antibody has not been epitope mapped; however, it has been shown there is less than 1% cross reactivity between other collagen forms and this collagen I alpha 1 antibody.
What is the immunogen for this collagen antibody?
- Pepsin digested type 1 collagen from human and bovine placenta was used as the immunogen for this collagen I alpha 1 antibody.
The predicted molecular weight says 150kDA but the band on the gel appears at 130kDA why is that?
- Differences between the predicted and observed MW can be affected by a number of factors including PTMs, relative charges and experimental factors. These cumulative effect of these differences can be quite substantial with larger molecules such as collagen I alpha 1.
How long does delivery take for your collagen 1 alpha 1 antibody?
- Our most popular collagen I alpha 1 antibody (NB600-408) is usually in stock and ships priority overnight for next business day delivery in the U.S.
What secondary antibody do you recommend for collagen I alpha 1 antibodies?
- Because this collagen I alpha 1 antibody is raised in rabbit you would want to use any anti-rabbit IgG secondary antibody. NB7160 is a popular choice for use in WB.
Additional Collagen I alpha 1 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for Collagen I alpha 1 Native Protein (NBP1-97266)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to Collagen I alpha 1 Native Protein (NBP1-97266). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on Collagen I alpha 1