Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (3G3) Summary
COL1A1 (NP_000079.1 1021 a.a. - 1108 a.a.) partial recombinant protein with GST tag. MW of the GST tag alone is 26 KDa. EGSPGRDGSPGAKGDRGETGPAGPPGAPGAPGAPGPVGPAGKSGDRGETGPAGPAGPVGPVGARGPAGPQGPRGDKGETGEQGDRGIK
collagen, type I, alpha 1
Protein A purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot
This antibody is reactive against recombinant protein in WB and ELISA.
Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
Please note that this antibody is reactive to Mouse and derived from the same host, Mouse. Additional Mouse on Mouse blocking steps may be required for IHC and ICC experiments. Please contact Technical Support for more information.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Aliquot and store at -20C or -80C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
PBS (pH 7.4)
Protein A purified
Quality control test: Antibody Reactive Against Recombinant Protein.
This product is produced by and distributed for Abnova, a company based in Taiwan.
Alternate Names for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (3G3)
- Alpha-1 type I collagen
- Collagen 1 alpha 1
- Collagen 1
- collagen alpha 1 chain type I
- collagen alpha-1(I) chain
- Collagen I alpha 1
- collagen of skin, tendon and bone, alpha-1 chain
- collagen, type I, alpha 1
- pro-alpha-1 collagen type 1
This gene encodes the pro-alpha1 chains of type I collagen whose triple helix comprises two alpha1 chains and one alpha2 chain. Type I is a fibril-forming collagen found in most connective tissues and is abundant in bone, cornea, dermis and tendon. Mutations in this gene are associated with osteogenesis imperfecta types I-IV, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VIIA, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome Classical type, Caffey Disease and idiopathic osteoporosis. Reciprocal translocations between chromosomes 17 and 22, where this gene and the gene for platelet-derived growth factor beta are located, are associated with a particular type of skin tumor called dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans, resulting from unregulated expression of the growth factor. Two transcripts, resulting from the use of alternate polyadenylation signals, have been identified for this gene. [provided by R. Dalgleish]
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Bv, Ma
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Rt
Applications: IHC, CyTOF-ready, ICC, ICFlow
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ch, Rb
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IF
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P, IP, PLA
Applications: WB, IHC
Applications: WB, Flow, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Po, Ca, Rt(-)
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Species: Hu, Mu, Bv, Fe
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Applications: WB, IHC, ELISA(Cap), ELISA(Det), Neut, ELISA(Sta)
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv, Ca
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ELISA, IHC-P
Publications for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (H00001277-M01) (0)
There are no publications for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (H00001277-M01).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (H00001277-M01) (0)
There are no reviews for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (H00001277-M01).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (H00001277-M01). (Showing 1 - 8 of 8 FAQ).
We are looking for an anti-Collagen antibody for Flow Cytometry (FACS) analysis in Swine sample. Would you please provide some references if there is any available as well?
- We currently have one antibody for porcine Collagen validated in flow cytometry (catalog # NBP1-94202).
I am looking for anti collagen 1 antibody, I see your product calls it collagen I alpha 1 is there a difference?
- Collagen I alpha 1 is the most common protein for the collagen 1 protein. There are other subunits as well (such as collagen 1 alpha 2…etc.).
Can this collagen 1 alpha 1 antibody be conjugated?
- Unfortunately we do not offer this particular collagen 1 alpha 1 antibody in a directly conjugated form; however you may want to consider one of our other collagen I alpha 1 antibodies such as NBP1-77458 that is offered in several conjugated forms.
What is the epitope for this collagen I alpha 1 antibody? I need to make sure that there won’t be cross reactivity with other collagens.
- This collagen I alpha 1 antibody has not been epitope mapped; however, it has been shown there is less than 1% cross reactivity between other collagen forms and this collagen I alpha 1 antibody.
What is the immunogen for this collagen antibody?
- Pepsin digested type 1 collagen from human and bovine placenta was used as the immunogen for this collagen I alpha 1 antibody.
The predicted molecular weight says 150kDA but the band on the gel appears at 130kDA why is that?
- Differences between the predicted and observed MW can be affected by a number of factors including PTMs, relative charges and experimental factors. These cumulative effect of these differences can be quite substantial with larger molecules such as collagen I alpha 1.
How long does delivery take for your collagen 1 alpha 1 antibody?
- Our most popular collagen I alpha 1 antibody (NB600-408) is usually in stock and ships priority overnight for next business day delivery in the U.S.
What secondary antibody do you recommend for collagen I alpha 1 antibodies?
- Because this collagen I alpha 1 antibody is raised in rabbit you would want to use any anti-rabbit IgG secondary antibody. NB7160 is a popular choice for use in WB.
Additional Collagen I alpha 1 Products
Bioinformatics Tool for Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (H00001277-M01)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to Collagen I alpha 1 Antibody (H00001277-M01). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on Collagen I alpha 1