CD8 alpha Antibody (C8/468) [DyLight 350] Summary
Human CD8 recombinant protein
Cytotoxic- & Suppressor T-Cell Marker
CD8 is a cell surface receptor expressed either as a heterodimer with the CD8 beta chain (CD8 alpha/beta) or as a homodimer (CD8 alpha/alpha). A majority of thymocytes and a subpopulation of mature T cells and NK cells express CD8a. CD8 binds to MHC class 1 and through its association with protein tyrosine kinase p56lck plays a role in T cell development and activation of mature T cells. For mature T-cells, CD4 and CD8 are mutually exclusive, so anti-CD8, generally used in conjunction with anti-CD4. It is a useful marker for distinguishing helper/inducer T-lymphocytes, and most peripheral T-cell lymphomas are CD4+/CD8-. Anaplastic large cell lymphoma is usually CD4+ and CD8-, and in T-lymphoblastic lymphoma/leukemia, CD4 and CD8 are often co-expressed. CD8 is also found in littoral cell angioma of the spleen.
Protein G purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Western Blot
- Flow Cytometry
Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C in the dark.
50mM Sodium Borate
0.05% Sodium Azide
Protein G purified
Dylight (R) is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and its subsidiaries. This conjugate is made on demand. Actual recovery may vary from the stated volume of this product. The volume will be greater than or equal to the unit size stated on the datasheet.
Alternate Names for CD8 alpha Antibody (C8/468) [DyLight 350]
- CD8 antigen, alpha polypeptide (p32)
- CD8a antigen
- CD8a molecule
- Leu2 T-lymphocyte antigen
- OKT8 T-cell antigen
- RPA-T8 antibody flow
- RPA-T8 Antibody
- RPA-T8 CD8
- RPA-T8 Clone
- RPA-T8 Flow
- T cell co-receptor
- T8 T-cell antigen
- T-cell antigen Leu2
- T-cell surface glycoprotein CD8 alpha chain
- T-lymphocyte differentiation antigen T8/Leu-2
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: Flow, Func, In vitro, In vivo, CyTOF-ready, Flow-CS
Applications: WB, Flow, CyTOF-ready, ICC
Applications: WB, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, In vivo, CyTOF-ready
Applications: B/N, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, AgAct
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv
Applications: WB, ICC/IF
Applications: WB, B/N, Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr
Species: Hu, Rt, Ze
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, PAGE
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, In vitro, CyTOF-ready
Applications: WB, ELISA, Flow
Publications for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP2-34589UV) (0)
There are no publications for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP2-34589UV).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP2-34589UV) (0)
There are no reviews for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP2-34589UV).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP2-34589UV). (Showing 1 - 5 of 5 FAQ).
I'm looking for a good anti CD8 antibody working on immunofluorescence on murine tumoral tissue fixed in paraformaldehyde, cryoprotected with sucrose, frozen in OCT medium and sectioned with a cryostat.
- I would recommend our CD8 alpha antibody NBP1-49045, it is guaranteed to work in IHC-P and and IHC-FR.
How do I know if this will actually work in IHC?
- This CD8 alpha antibody has been validated in IHC and has been cited in a paper where it was used in IHC. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3387923/
Will this CD8 alpha antibody work for rabbit in IHC-FR?
- Unfortunately this CD8 alpha antibody has not yet been validated in rabbit and there no sequence info in uniprot yet so we can't speculate based on homology. You may want to take advantage of our innovator's reward program which will allow you to test in rabbit without any financial risk.
Does this CD8 alpha antibody detect both forms of CD8?
- Both the alpha - beta heterodimer as well as the alpha - alpha homodimer are detected by the (53-6.7) CD8 alpha antibody.
Would you recommend your CD8 alpha antibody as a T-Cell marker?
- Yes this CD8 alpha anitbody has been cited in a study where it was used in FACS to separate out CD8+ T-cells. Please see the references tab PMID: 1608966. It is important to note that our CD8 alpha antibody may also stain mature dendritic cells and NK cells.
Additional CD8 alpha Products
Bioinformatics Tool for CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP2-34589UV)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to CD8 alpha Antibody (NBP2-34589UV). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on CD8 alpha.