CD8 alpha Antibody (5H10-1) Summary
Concanavalin A-stimulated BALB/c splenic T cells
Protein A or G purified
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
- Flow Cytometry 1:10-1:1000
- Immunohistochemistry 1:10-1:500
- Immunohistochemistry-Frozen 1:10-1:500
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For immunofluorescent staining, the suggested use of this reagent is: 0.25 microgram per one million cells in 100 microliter volume. Immunohistochemistry-frozen sections. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Disclaimer note: The observed molecular weight of the protein may vary from the listed predicted molecular weight due to post translational modifications, post translation cleavages, relative charges, and other experimental factors.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C. Do not freeze.
PBS (pH 7.2)
0.09% Sodium Azide
Protein A or G purified
Alternate Names for CD8 alpha Antibody (5H10-1)
- CD8 antigen, alpha polypeptide (p32)
- CD8a antigen
- CD8a molecule
- Leu2 T-lymphocyte antigen
- OKT8 T-cell antigen
- RPA-T8 antibody flow
- RPA-T8 Antibody
- RPA-T8 CD8
- RPA-T8 Clone
- RPA-T8 Flow
- T cell co-receptor
- T8 T-cell antigen
- T-cell antigen Leu2
- T-cell surface glycoprotein CD8 alpha chain
- T-lymphocyte differentiation antigen T8/Leu-2
CD8, also known as Lyt-2, Ly-2, or T8, consists of disulfide-linked alpha and beta chains that form the alpha(CD8a)/ beta(CD8b) heterodimer and alpha/ alpha homodimer. CD8a is a 34kD protein that belongs to the immunoglobulin family. The CD8 alpha/ beta heterodimer is expressed on the surface of most thymocytes and a subset of mature TCR alpha/ beta T cells. CD8 expression on mature T cells is non-overlapping with CD4. The CD8 alpha/ alpha homodimer is expressed on a subset of gamma/ delta TCR-bearing T cells, NK cells, intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes, and lymphoid dendritic cells. CD8 is an antigen co-receptor on T cells that interacts with MHC class I on antigen-presenting cells or epithelial cells. CD8 promotes T cell activation through its association with the TCR complex and protein tyrosine kinase lck.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: Flow, Func, In vitro, In vivo, CyTOF-ready, Flow-CS
Applications: WB, Flow, CyTOF-ready, ICC
Applications: WB, ELISA, PLA
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF
Applications: WB, Flow, Func, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, In vivo, CyTOF-ready
Applications: B/N, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, CyTOF-ready, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, AgAct
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv
Applications: WB, ICC/IF
Applications: B/N, Flow, IP, In vitro
Species: Hu, Rt, Ze
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, PAGE
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, In vitro, CyTOF-ready
Applications: Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr
Publications for CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-77365) (0)
There are no publications for CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-77365).
By submitting your publication information earn gift cards and discounts for future purchases.
Reviews for CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-77365) (0)
There are no reviews for CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-77365).
By submitting a review you will receive an Amazon e-Gift Card or Novus Product Discount.
- Review with no image -- $10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen
- Review with an image -- $25/€18/£15/$25 CAD/¥150 Yuan/¥2500 Yen
- 1st to review with an image -- $50/€35/£30/$50 CAD/¥300 Yuan/¥5000 Yen
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-77365). (Showing 1 - 5 of 5 FAQ).
I'm looking for a good anti CD8 antibody working on immunofluorescence on murine tumoral tissue fixed in paraformaldehyde, cryoprotected with sucrose, frozen in OCT medium and sectioned with a cryostat.
- I would recommend our CD8 alpha antibody NBP1-49045, it is guaranteed to work in IHC-P and and IHC-FR.
How do I know if this will actually work in IHC?
- This CD8 alpha antibody has been validated in IHC and has been cited in a paper where it was used in IHC. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3387923/
Will this CD8 alpha antibody work for rabbit in IHC-FR?
- Unfortunately this CD8 alpha antibody has not yet been validated in rabbit and there no sequence info in uniprot yet so we can't speculate based on homology. You may want to take advantage of our innovator's reward program which will allow you to test in rabbit without any financial risk.
Does this CD8 alpha antibody detect both forms of CD8?
- Both the alpha - beta heterodimer as well as the alpha - alpha homodimer are detected by the (53-6.7) CD8 alpha antibody.
Would you recommend your CD8 alpha antibody as a T-Cell marker?
- Yes this CD8 alpha anitbody has been cited in a study where it was used in FACS to separate out CD8+ T-cells. Please see the references tab PMID: 1608966. It is important to note that our CD8 alpha antibody may also stain mature dendritic cells and NK cells.
Additional CD8 alpha Products
Bioinformatics Tool for CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-77365)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-77365). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
PTMs for CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-77365)
Learn more about PTMs related to CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-77365).
Research Areas for CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-77365)
Find related products by research area.
Blogs on CD8 alpha.