CD8 alpha Antibody (4B11) Summary
Synthetic peptide derived from CD8 alpha chain sequence.
Recognizes the human CD8 cell surface antigen, a 32kD glycoprotein expressed by the cytotoxic/suppressor subset of T-cells and weakly by NK cells. Clone 4B11 has been reported as being suitable for use in Western blotting.
Tissue culture supernatant
Test in a species/application not listed above to receive a full credit towards a future purchase.
Packaging, Storage & Formulations
Store at 4C short term. Aliquot and store at -20C long term. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
0.09% Sodium Azide
This product is unpurified. The exact concentration of antibody is not quantifiable.
Tissue culture supernatant
- Immunohistochemistry 1:10-1:500
- Immunohistochemistry-Frozen 1:20-1:40
- Immunohistochemistry-Paraffin 1:20-1:40
This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. 1mM EDTA pH8.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Alternate Names for CD8 alpha Antibody (4B11)
- CD8 antigen, alpha polypeptide (p32)
- CD8a antigen
- CD8a molecule
- Leu2 T-lymphocyte antigen
- OKT8 T-cell antigen
- RPA-T8 antibody flow
- RPA-T8 Antibody
- RPA-T8 CD8
- RPA-T8 Clone
- RPA-T8 Flow
- T cell co-receptor
- T8 T-cell antigen
- T-cell antigen Leu2
- T-cell surface glycoprotein CD8 alpha chain
- T-lymphocyte differentiation antigen T8/Leu-2
The CD8 antigen is a cell surface glycoprotein found on most cytotoxic T lymphocytes that mediates efficient cell to cell interactions within the immune system. The CD8 antigen, acting as a coreceptor, and the T cell receptor on the T lymphocyte recognize antigen displayed by an antigen presenting cell (APC) in the context of class I MHC molecules. The functional coreceptor is either a homodimer composed of two alpha chains, or a heterodimer composed of one alpha and one beta chain. Both alpha and beta chains share significant homology to immunoglobulin variable light chains.
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed
for 1 year from date of receipt.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed...
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Ca, Rb
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Applications: Flow, Func, In vitro, In vivo, Flow-CS
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P
Species: Hu, Mu
Applications: WB, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-P, IP
Applications: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, S-ELISA
Applications: WB, Flow, Func, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP, In vivo
Applications: B/N, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC, IHC-Fr, IP, Flow-IC
Applications: WB, Flow, AgAct
Species: Hu, Mu, Rt, Po, Bv
Applications: WB, ICC/IF
Applications: WB, B/N, Flow, IHC, IHC-Fr
Species: Hu, Rt, Ze
Applications: WB, Simple Western, ELISA, Flow, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, IP
Publications for CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-65729)(1)
Showing Publication 1 - 1
Reviews for CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-65729) (0)
There are no reviews for CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-65729).
By submitting a review earn points towards our Rewards Program.
- 250 points for product review
- 500 additional points for an image with your product review
- Double points (500) if you are the first to review this product
- Double points (1000) if you are the first to review this product with an image
Product General Protocols
Find general support by application which include: protocols, troubleshooting, illustrated assays, videos and webinars.
FAQs for CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-65729). (Showing 1 - 6 of 6 FAQ).
I'm looking for a good anti CD8 antibody working on immunofluorescence on murine tumoral tissue fixed in paraformaldehyde, cryoprotected with sucrose, frozen in OCT medium and sectioned with a cryostat.
- I would recommend our CD8 alpha antibody NBP1-49045, it is guaranteed to work in IHC-P and and IHC-FR.
How do I know if this will actually work in IHC?
- This CD8 alpha antibody has been validated in IHC and has been cited in a paper where it was used in IHC. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3387923/
Will this CD8 alpha antibody work for rabbit in IHC-FR?
- Unfortunately this CD8 alpha antibody has not yet been validated in rabbit and there no sequence info in uniprot yet so we can't speculate based on homology. You may want to take advantage of our innovator's reward program which will allow you to test in rabbit without any financial risk.
Does this CD8 alpha antibody detect both forms of CD8?
- Both the alpha - beta heterodimer as well as the alpha - alpha homodimer are detected by the (53-6.7) CD8 alpha antibody.
Would you recommend your CD8 alpha antibody as a T-Cell marker?
- Yes this CD8 alpha anitbody has been cited in a study where it was used in FACS to separate out CD8+ T-cells. Please see the references tab PMID: 1608966. It is important to note that our CD8 alpha antibody may also stain mature dendritic cells and NK cells.
What aa sequence of CD8 was used to generate this monoclonal? I am looking for cross-reactive antibodies to another species and this information would be useful.
- For NB100-65729 the immunogen is CKSGDKPSLSARYV.
Positive Control Lysate(s)
Additional CD8 alpha Antibody (4B11) Products
Related Products by Gene
Bioinformatics Tool for CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-65729)
Discover related pathways, diseases and genes to CD8 alpha Antibody (NB100-65729). Need help?
Read the Bioinformatics Tool Guide
for instructions on using this tool.
Blogs on CD8 alpha.